Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
u can knock the sunroof motor off. lmao. my sunroof was grinding and not goin closed so i took it into the dealership and they said something like i knock the motor off or something like that. but they called it a factory defect after a year and fixed it for free lmao. just wanted to share that

· Registered
1,553 Posts
It is so much easier to spend lots of dough for sheer volume and then to brag about it than it is to actually install a good-sounding system.

I installed my system for my own pleasure, not for bragging. I don't have to wear earplugs, I just get absolutely fabulous sound, and I probably spent one tenth as much as your overpowered system.

· Registered
2,935 Posts
my system hits so hard it broke the reverse light =/ and costed over a grand lol

· Registered
7,014 Posts
My subs hit so hard that i make her wet.
I just had to say that. I don't got a serious system in my car. Nothing but SQL and 1 12" shallow mount sub that is being under powered and still has people thinking.

· Registered
2,935 Posts
i regret getting a sedan with subs. im battling the black plastic rattle!

· Registered
7,014 Posts
black plastic rattle?

· Registered
2,935 Posts
yeh behind the back seats

· Registered
7,014 Posts
o...my interior isn't black so i couldn't figure that one out but i think there is a how-to on here some where. It shows how to take it off and put some foam type of material under it and it solves the problem. After you solve that though all the other shit will rattle. Unlike other japanese cars that ford doesn't have anything to do with they use softer materials and padded interior materials and there door panels aren't pieces of thin plastic like ours so shit doesn't really rattle. I am pretty frustrated about that too. I am not even pushing 1000watts and i got rattle.....

· Registered
6,649 Posts
my sunroof makes a rattling noise when my sub hits, also the rear spoiler shakes, rear view mirror.. well i wont even say anything about that... lol...

· Registered
2,935 Posts
its very anoying. having to listen to a good song and hear some cheap plastic rattle ruin it!

· Registered
1,553 Posts
If you just have speakers in the door, some damping mat will fix that just fine. The door panels are very resonant, even with just good-sounding but not overpowered speakers. Heck even the OEM system would sound much better with some damping mat.

As for the others, including the original poster, the size of their sound systems in sheer volume at the expense of sound quality, in its obvious conspicuous consumption just has to be in compensation for being small in some other way, either between the ears and/or between the legs.

There is no other way to explain such self-abusive behavior, killing your ears with the volume the massive expenditure for no useful purpose other than braggin' rights.

· Registered
461 Posts
[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=142931.msg3080502#msg3080502 date=1240540971]
My subs hit so hard that i make her wet.
I just had to say that. I don't got a serious system in my car. Nothing but SQL and 1 12" shallow mount sub that is being under powered and still has people thinking.
[/quote]

Dont need to turn on my bass for that ;)

· Registered
628 Posts
[quote author=geewhizbang link=topic=142931.msg3084819#msg3084819 date=1240730577]
As for the others, including the original poster, the size of their sound systems in sheer volume at the expense of sound quality, in its obvious conspicuous consumption just has to be in compensation for being small in some other way, either between the ears and/or between the legs.

There is no other way to explain such self-abusive behavior, killing your ears with the volume the massive expenditure for no useful purpose other than braggin' rights.
[/quote]

I beg to differ. Having a loud stereo is the same as lowering your car and putting rims on it. It's all about being noticed to most people. I manage a local stereo shop and you can have a loud system and not have to sacrifice sound quality at all. I've got JL Audio 10's on an alpine 1000 watt amp, and 4 JL audio door speakers on an Alpine 600 watt amp. My system sounds as good as I could ever have hoped for at any volume level. I just like to know that if I want to have a concert coming out of my car, then I can. Some music just sounds better loud. Oh, and I have no complaints in any size department.

· Registered
1,553 Posts
My car isn't lowered either. I prefer to have a good ride and better handling. The desire to flaunt conspicuous consumption is a mental illness from my point of view.

A lot of what is wrong with the economy right now has to do with that kind of sickness, people that were determined to take whatever they could into their own hands no matter what the long term consequences would be. The only important thing to them was money, power, and their own greed, and these over-the-top sound systems are just one manifestation of a very sick side of human nature.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.