Mazda3 Forums banner

I'd spend $2000 on...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I drive my new Mazda3 home in March, I'm calculating I'll have somewhere between $1700-2200 left over to spend on any modifications.

Where would you personally spend that money?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd do powerplant but I doubt I'll spend more than 1,000 in the next year if I did, going to be too busy doing exterior and yard improvements on my house. I'll probably look at an intake for sure though.

Next fall I guess I'll be getting steel wheels and winters so I could see a mix of stuff up to maybe at most $1300cdn.

·
Registered
627 Posts
yuh

I'm with you cowtown, time for some winter warm ups for my car so that I can get to Swiss Chalet in the winter for the Winter Warm Up deal.

Costco tires and rims 4 me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i would get rims and springs
give it a little wider grip and i think it would look so so good lowered then engine mods
160hp will keep me happy for a while :D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
18" wheels, ultra high performance tires.. leave the lame RS-As.

Depending on what wheel, might have enough left over for suspension.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Well, I don't have a 3, so I'd use the money as a down payment on a fully loaded s. :D But if I had a 3, audio system, tinting, and aftermarket leather.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think I'll ever change the wheels (the stock ones actually look good), but someday I'll replace the tires. I would like to change the strut/shocks/springs and add a strut bar though... the car does lean when taking an off ramp at a fast rate. It definitely has great handling, but I would like to stay upwards and not sideways ;)

Powerplant would probably be the place I would spend the money. I will be putting a good amount of audio equipment in the car (in between the lines that means lots of added weight), so I'll need a little more umff.

I would consider the antenna replacement, but I would never change the rest of the exterior. I don't need to rice it up ;). I'm also not a huge fan of leather, so I'll stay with the cloth. Either option is going to be hot as heck in the summer...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I was thinking a computer system in the glove box (DVD, NAV, Divx, MP3). Wired to headrest monitors and a LCD in the center panel. I think that would be about 2 grand ... but since its not a choice:

I'd really like to put 2 more speakers and an amp in the rear deck behind the passanger seats. But all that cutting and wiring will probably take the whole 2 grand.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Car-puter is a cool idea. There was a company at CES this year that had a pretty decent looking computer/LCD touch screen combo. I'm sure a touch screen large enough would nicely replace the factory CD player.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses, definitely getting a good idea of what's out there!

I'm leaning toward the audio upgrades, but that won't take up more than $1000 if I a shop wisely. Where to next, probably a winter set or lowering springs?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Lowering springs and shocks will run you about $600 (when ts available). Installation (if not done by yourself) will be $180~240 or so.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think my order will be Audio, Tint, then any performance mods. I don't know if I'd go after market leather if I didn't get stock... the stock leather is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
202 Posts
my order is and will stay: tint(already done), infinity speakers and basslink, and then performance(probably lightweight wheels, lower, sway bars, intake, exhaust, and if it ever comes out, a chip), with the possibility of a s/c

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
doesn't a superlight flywheel gives you lower acceleration and higher top speed? what are you going to do with higher top speed when the lmiiter kicks in at 120mph?

·
Registered
46 Posts
lowering springs,camber kit, 18" wheels ,kumho 712s 225*40*18,
for another grand less stainless cat back exhaust, quality cold air intake
zoom zoom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts