Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my MS3 in the next 2 weeks, very exicted. Im trying to do a Black/Green theme. I was thinking of something different as painting the stock wheels a neon green with black calipers or painting the wheels black with green calipers. Ive gotten the Idea from playing need for speed where MS3 is one of the cars you can buy. I painted the wheels green and it looked pretty sick, but thats just a game so who knows what it will look like in real life. And yet i've never seen anyone in my area with any type of exotic color for their wheels, just all the basic chrome, silver, black etc.. Also the dash for radio and clock are all lit up red. Is there a red bulb that does that back in the dash or do they have some sort of film that turns red with w.e type of bulb is in the back. I was thinking about some how turning that to green if it was possible. If anyone knows how please let me know.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
This thread contains details on how to paint your wheels as well as changing the dash lights to a different color.

Good luck with your projects. Please post some pics when you're done!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I might do the black with green caliper look will be easier to do other colors if I wanted aslo. If I do so I may get green tint, have to see what it will look like in person. As just green calipers on a black/green scheme, I will need something else green on the car. Just dont know what lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=jjjxlr8 link=topic=135751.msg2923889#msg2923889 date=1234204460]
Calipers would be easier to repaint when you get sick of the neon green!
[/quote]

Yea good idea. What else could I paint besides calipers to go with the black/green scheme? I'd rather go the black tint route, I've looked at some green tint pictures online not really that pleasing lol.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Green tint would get old real fast. I would stick with tasteful accents.

If you want to see accents done tastefully, check out member Ally. Her car is awesome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=135751.msg2923988#msg2923988 date=1234206036]
yeah stick with green calipers over wheels. I'd just black out everything else and get green for the minor things. Some decals, maybe even paint the side view mirrors green?
[/quote]

Green side view mirrors may look a little strange. Instead of blacking out the mazda emblems, maybe painting them same color as calipers? Green gas cap? Very hard to find little things to paint on the ms3, the body style looks great at a base color. For the wheels though im probably going to have green wheel nuts along with the calipers should set it off right down there. But for like the actually body. Im stumped.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=adamwzl link=topic=135751.msg2924076#msg2924076 date=1234207576]
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=135751.msg2923988#msg2923988 date=1234206036]
yeah stick with green calipers over wheels. I'd just black out everything else and get green for the minor things. Some decals, maybe even paint the side view mirrors green?
[/quote]

Green side view mirrors may look a little strange.
[/quote]

I think it looks pretty baller!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=135751.msg2924591#msg2924591 date=1234221010]
[quote author=adamwzl link=topic=135751.msg2924076#msg2924076 date=1234207576]
[/quote]

Green side view mirrors may look a little strange.
[/quote]

I think it looks pretty baller!

[/quote]

Damn that does look pretty good.. Hm paint the gas cap green also could set it off in the front and the back. Definitely different for a speed3 though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your car would definately be unique if you did the neon green. But I have never seen neon green wheels before lol so I dunno if that would really be a good idea or not. As for your interior lights that can be very tricky and time consuming unless you are very experienced with electronics and soldering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, could anyone photoshop neon green stock wheels for a Black MS3 with black tint? Just to see what it will look like. Not the green on the pic of the BMW thats to light of a green. But visit www.monstacomputers.com and use the font color of the "Monsta" in the image, thats the green i'm going for. If anyone could do such a thing would be greatly! appreciated.

Btw: yes, that is my company =P.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres my best attempt at trying to photoshop the color I want to the stock rims. Im not the greatest so dont flame =P. But this should give you all a better understanding of what I was going for with the green wheels. Looks pretty cool, let me know what you think about it. Thanks!

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I think a green more along the lines of that seen in the BMW would be better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont really like that green that much. I think what i'll probably do is just paint the rims a gloss piano black and paint the calipers that color green or something similar. Along with painting the wheel lugs a green similar to the calipers. That would probably set it off a bit better. The more I look at the picture with the green rims more I see that it will get old over time. And adds a lot more attention to the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts