Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having gone to 5 dealerships trying to find my vehicle in stock (Tit Grey, HB, 5 Speed, xenon, sunroof/cd, abs/sac/sab), I finally decided to order my M3 from a local dealership that told me that one was coming off the boat and already had a VIN number and was only 5 days from arriving. I thought that was great news to only have to wait for such a short time, so I put a deposit and placed my order.

My sales guy called me after 5 days and gave me the good news and the bad news. The good news was that it arrived. The bad news was that it arrived at their other dealership in another state. He said that he could fly there and drive it back! I told him that I didn't want him putting 500 miles on my car and that I wanted him to put in on the next truck coming back. Well after waiting over the weekend, it finally arrived today.

I rushed down to the dealership, took a test drive in it and I then did a very close walk-around. During my very close inspection, I noticed many paint flaws on the passenger side of the car. It had little particles under the paint, in addition to very little holes in the paint finish. It was obvious that this vehicle was painted, since the other side of the vehicle was flawless. It also had the rubber seal around the doors that were ripped on the passenger side and a scratch on the glove compartment door. They were trying to convince me that those flaws could be fixed, but I said flat out, that I didn't want this vehicle.

The president of the dealership came out to talk to me. He said, "not to be disrespective, but I'll have this vehicle sold by tonight, but that's not the issue". He apologized for what happened and he said, "what's important is that we retain your business". They said that they are going to take a vehicle that's on order and have it reconfigured to the color and options that I want. They said it would take about 30 days (another dealership that I called today said that that was hogwash).

The moral of this story is that I wanted everyone to be careful when you are buying your M3 or any car to pick it up in the daytime and REALLY take a close look at the vehicle.

It was a very hot day and the sales guy tried to rush me inside after the test drive to sign all the paperwork. I'm glad I endured the heat and did my close inspection!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow that must have been so annoying to get dissapointed like that. Sorry for your troubles. So they basically didn't have your car so they painted one? I can't believe the guy said he would have the car sold, how rude. I hope you find a better dealer and find your car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
you did the right thing.

NEVER rush an expensive purchase - EVER.

This goes with cars/ houses/ anything over a few hundred dollars.

I had a good experience buying my Mz3... but let me give you a good story.

I buy houses and rent them out. Last house i was going to purchase... it was extremely hot ( august in texas sucks). Anyway, i went under the house to look at the foundation. The private seller tried to convience me that his assesment by an external organization of the foundation was good enough, and it was too hot to go under there. I insisted and he finally let up. underneath i found the entire foundation to be crumbleing, the insulation to be falling off... and the entire house looked like it would collapse without some serious work done underneath.

on top.. it was immaculate. Perfect paint, everything. If I had not done that inspection, I would have been screwed.

ALWAYS check your stuff :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
BlackMz3 said:
on top.. it was immaculate. Perfect paint, everything. If I had not done that inspection, I would have been screwed.

ALWAYS check your stuff :)
So that some jack ass (probably a *******) can run a shopping cart into your car at Walmart. :cry: Lucky Mazda's got good paint (got the scratches off with some liquid sandpaper crap by 3m), still have a tiny dent though. :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.