Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got this on their ride atm?

i am in aust, and we miss out on every cool accessory.....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm with funkyfresh on this one. What the hell is the purpose, or is it basically cosmetic. I can't see that changing the air flow much, I could see it actually ruining the air circulation to the intake cowl.

·
Registered
135 Posts
shaund said:
i am in aust, and we miss out on every cool accessory.....
In that case, I would imagine you'd be seeing these all over the place...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
My first thought...

Which directly relates to...

·
Registered
116 Posts
on the yellow it does look like a spoiler for the hatch put on the hood but that blue one that vaboom put on isnt all that bad if that was the only cosmetic mod they had. In my opinion i dont think its all that bad, but to everyone their own....

·
Registered
581 Posts
If this component actually increases downforce in the front of the car, then it might actually do something beneficial for the Mazda 3 since it's FWD (more traction to the front tires)

Otherwise, it does kind of scream to the world "I am RICE!"

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol.. it looks rice. yes. but. the only other car ive seen it on is the Toyota Celica Sportivo.. just wanted to see it on a full pic thats all.

Vinyls are rice. 'full of puffy goodness'

·
Registered
135 Posts
Titanium Dragon said:
If this component actually increases downforce in the front of the car, then it might actually do something beneficial for the Mazda 3 since it's FWD (more traction to the front tires)
This is for asthetics only. There is no way that this little wing, placed at virtually the center of the car, will increase downforce specifically over the front axle. Anyone who claims otherwise is more than welcomed to show me legitimate wind tunnel tests backing their claims.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I see a lot of these on Celicas I think. In any case. its just another acessory to put on your car to make it look fast....like those roof air scoops I've seen on MR2's...but oh well, if you think it looks good go ahead and waste your money, but true car people know it don't do ish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts