Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to the aftermarket performance parts and I am planning to do some modifications to get more power out of my mz3 2.3L. Where should I begin?

CAI? Exhaust? and will it fubar the engine computer sensors?

thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
wait for a CAI...seems to me the mazda6i gets a lot of power from the cai....and an exhaust i guess is all i can think of so far..

·
Registered
37 Posts
All these aftermarket mods will take some time before they hit the market. As for them messing with computer sensors, thats the exact problem Injen is having with the Mazda6. The CAI produced by them is messing with the A/F ratio, thus throwing a CEL. By summer, you should start seeing aftermarket mods show up.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I go for the exhaust, should I get a whole kit like :

http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=/store/index.php3?cat=293618

or can I install an HKS universal muffler? If I go with an universal muffler I guess I will have to do lots of modification to the line because of the stock muffler being placed in the middle of the line instead of the back of the line like most cars. Am I wrong?

Or am I better just to wait for a specific mz3 HKS or other company's kit?

I want to had some ponies but I also miss the sound of my modded VW which had plenty of parts available. Some people like quiet. I don't want LOUD but now is definitely to quiet for me.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Definately wait till a company does their homework on the piping size and flow characteristics.

HKS, GReddy and Apexi will make aftermarket stuff for the 3. I hear so far that GReddy has a turbo kit in the works for the M6, which maybe dropped for the R&D on the 3.

·
Registered
251 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
wait for a CAI...seems to me the mazda6i gets a lot of power from the cai....and an exhaust i guess is all i can think of so far..
What is a CAI? I would like some more power, and it seems to me that this name comes up a lot. What it is? What does it do?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cold air intake
reduces the temp of intake air and lets more air in.
Cold air makes cars happy :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
birdy said:
Cold air intake
reduces the temp of intake air and lets more air in.
Cold air makes cars happy :lol:
Ha! I actually new what that was. Just never seen it abbrivated like that.

I used to drive a 2001 BMW 325Ci and when did get a cold air intake on the engine (thanks to DINAN) and it does help the engine alot.

Can anyone tell me the name of a good Mazda tuner, other than MazdaSpeed that has distributions in the US?

·
Registered
132 Posts
corksport
who is already working on parts.

I am working on a metal intake manifold this week but i will take a while to prefect

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would say.... o_O there is now a turbo out and the guy who originally posted this thread now sells SRI's ... O_O Old indeed...

·
Registered
175 Posts
lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's appropriate! It's almost halloween and this thread returned from the grave.

Ohhhh! Spooky!

It's the ATTACK of the UNDEAD THREAD!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
[quote author=Brian805 link=topic=878.msg449120#msg449120 date=1129958264]
you could always go the HiBoost turbo route...
[/quote]

damn, it would've been funnier if you told him to use the search  :klavergreg:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts