Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car must hate me. Now I know why it's punishing me with such crappy gas mileage. For the second time (in the two months that I've owned my car) I scratched the paint with the plastic edge of an ice scraper. The first time was while I was using the rubber part to get water off of the hood/bumper while washing/waxing :dur:. Now that the weather is a little colder, I have to scrape ice off the front and back winshields from time to time. I think while I was taking the scraper out of the trunk, it caught on the back of the trunk lid, causing a 3 inch scrach :bash:. It isn't very deep, but visible when you come within a few feet of it.

Will touch-up paint do the job (without the langka stuff)? I'm mostly curious about how people like those $4 bottles of touch-up paint from mazdastuff.com. I have sunlight silver metallic btw. Cheers.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Does your fingernail catches on the scratch? If not then you can just use something like Nu Finish Scratch Doctor.

·
Registered
190 Posts
[quote author=krstofer link=topic=67663.msg1172919#msg1172919 date=1170004061]
For a minute I thought this thread should be combined with the gay thread. :lol:
[/quote]
Yeah thats what i thought!!! :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Things you'll need:

1. ScratchX - from autozone
2. Microfiber cloth
3. Elbow grease
4. About 10 minutes

You should be able to buff that away to non-visible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts