Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its was icy here in kansas and i got stuck in it (the ice that is, not kansas). After half an hour of 'rocking' (read: drive, reverse, repeat) my car i got out, only now when i'm in park, the tires still move and not just a little. Its like im in Neutral. I know im screwed, im just wondering how screwed.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Yeah if you can't rock it out after a few quick tries stop. You'll just damage something (especially on an auto, they are much less friendly with rocking then manuals are). How much roll are we talking? A few inches to a foot (not abnormal depending on how the car/trans comes to rest)? Or are we talking rolling and rolling and rolling?
-matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=azazel1024 link=topic=74040.msg1322044#msg1322044 date=1176144414]
How much roll are we talking? A few inches to a foot (not abnormal depending on how the car/trans comes to rest)? Or are we talking rolling and rolling and rolling?
-matt
[/quote]

Yeah, its not a couple inches or feet, its infinite. I can put it in park and push it as far as i want to.

[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=74040.msg1319032#msg1319032 date=1175997101]
Half an hour? Get that interlock fixed, but seriously, next time get some dirt, sand, anything to throw under the wheels to get yourself out :)
[/quote]

Eventually we found some cedar chips in my friends garage and used that. Let me tell you the smell of burning rubber and cedar chips isnt a pleasant one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.