Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a red 2007 ms3 w about 30k on the clock I currently drive a 2006 cobalt ss/sc and i freaking hate this car, i like the power but everything else sucks, the interior is falling apart the rims chip like crazy for no no reason and just all around a shitty car, I on the other hand love the look of the ms3 but have never driven one but am interested in trading the cobalt in for it...I need your honest opinions guys on the car, just because its a mazda forum dont just give good input give bad ones if there is, i hate how on cobalt forums when someone asks for advice on should they buy a cobalt everyones like hell yeah ftw when in reality these cars suck! so please give me some honest opinions/input!

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:lol: It's been 10 minutes! While this forum is incredibly active, give it a while longer and many are sure to chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, 10 mins on the cobalt forum and the postwhores would have dimolished the thread lol, so do you like your ms3? any input from you?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Since you posted this in the general reviews section you're probably getting more people who drive normal 3's (not the speed3) looking at it. Since neither Daniel or I own an ms3, we're not in a position to give honest reviews about owning one.

While you're waiting for replies to your own thread, try searching for similar threads... questions much like this get asked and answered a lot ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just would like some general inputs on people with MS3's thats why I made this thread, I really dont feel like read through hours worth of posts......if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I LOVE my MS3 it has been the best car I have ever owned. It has a ton of power, can haul just about anything and looks great doing it. I have had 0 issues so far. I do all my maintenance though see my sig and you'll see why. I did consider other cars Honda, Subie and even Reg Mazda 3. 1 test drive later I drove it home that day.

Hope that helps lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been hearing alot of bad things though, dont know weather to believe it or not......blow engines due to cai's or just faullty engines blowing out of nowhere, people say the rods are bad on the ms3's, I NEED MORE INPUT!! come on fellas!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have never heard of anyone blowing an engine with a cai. Car will throw a CEL first and perform fuel cut and put it in Limp mode before it would allow you to blow it. Others are gonna be heavily modified.

The only "real" issue is Smoking turbo (Seals) and possibly motor mount (which was fixed)

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
the blowing engine on a cai sounds like bogus to me... I'm not aware of anyone on this forum that has had that happen

I guess if you're looking to go big turbo get something else, the stock blocks aren't good for much more than 300 hp. And the one guy that was shooting for 400 is demodding and selling his car.

I personally have no complaints with mine. Well actually, the gearbox is a little clunky at times, but you get used to it. I love my ms3!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not looking to mod it just tint the windows and powdercoat the factory rims black but thats about it, and you said that the turbo leak was it? was fixed. what do you mean by that? such as a recall, how would i know if the one i am looking at was fixed? and what do you mean by clunking gears?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
none in my area, the one that i found is 200 miles away, if i am gonna drive that far i am not going to do it for a testdrive, lol you know what i mean.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought mine new and 8k later still no problems. The smoking turbo doesnt affect everyone but some say they take care of their cars and they still get it, but who knows. I know that I do my oil changes religiously, and let it warm and cool down and so far no smoke so it's a mystery, but if it is smoking it should be under warranty if there are no mods. The falling motors issue was fixed on 2008 and later models, and all 2007's had a recall on it. A lot of people get aftermarket mounts or inserts since the stock design is kind of weak. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone blowing any enginges or rods.

Good luck and I'm sure once you drive it you won't be able to say no!

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
[quote author=SmokinSamSC06 link=topic=140490.msg3028545#msg3028545 date=1238469918]
I am not looking to mod it just tint the windows and powdercoat the factory rims black but thats about it, and you said that the turbo leak was it? was fixed. what do you mean by that? such as a recall, how would i know if the one i am looking at was fixed? and what do you mean by clunking gears?
[/quote]

some people have had trouble with faulty turbo seals

clunky gearbox just means the shifts aren't always as smooth as I would like them to be. A lot of people complain about the second to third upshift (myself included). Some shifter bushings soon should give it a better feel for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
yep, I would do the switch if I were you. MS3 if fun to drive, even one year later :) and looks good, interior is very nice too. I puke when I see cobalts, no offense.

As for the purchase, check to see that all the TSB have been done on the car since it's a 07. But yeah, no problem with the car at all.

Good luck , but it's a no brainer decision (all though sometimes I wish it was AWD)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts