Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking threw search and i couldn't find the thing i was looking for...

how do i take of the side moldings on my car like under the door handle?!?!?!

thank you !! :)

:atl:

·
Registered
205 Posts
i think what he meant was,

i was looking how to remove my door moldings and didnt search hard enough, jk. heat them with a hair dryer or heat gun and slowly use fishing string or a credit card to pull them off, go very slow and take your time.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
go to home depot buy a chisel and a big mallet. Chisel it right off then come back and search harder jk..i just had to be an ass man :lol:

Heat them up real good and peal them off with your hands that way you don't got too much residue left on the paint from using the fishing line. Do it slow and make sure the strips are hot or the weather is hot.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
you only need fishing line (i would use dental floss) to get it started. once you are between the tape and the body and starting to peel back, you should just pull it back gently with your hands.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ya just yank em off. floss tends to break so you'll have to double it up if you dont have fishing line. u'll need goo gone cuz there'll be some double sided tape and what not underneath

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yea, you should buy tail light tint from me to complete the look :p

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
best time to take them off is during summer... it makes the work a lot easier

i was stupid and took 'em off right in the middle of winter... it took so long that i got impatient and just started pulling them off... it came off, but the glue was stuck on the car! and it was such a pain in the ass to remove the glue... too much work, so i just went to a body shop to remove it..

btw, i used a card to start the peeling process lol...

·
Registered
390 Posts
i did mine in the middle of the winter also and i sat out there in the freezin cold for two hours. wat a bad idea, but i guess it was worth it. it looks good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts