Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its a bummer, but after a month, I may end up losing my speed 3. I thought all was good, then started to inquire about my tag, and where to send my payment, and they said they would take a look. Turns out there was a problem on the application with the co-signer and the loan got denied, and now trying to scramble to get another. Its gonna really suck if she goes. My trade in, no doubt will have been sold or auctioned already, so will end up being stuck with having to make up the $4k in negative equity, plus any depreciation costs and loss of down payment.

Just not sure if it will work out. Either way will see.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I'd tell the dealer to suck it. Not your fault they botched it.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Well, I probably wouldn't use those words....

Seriously, unless you signed a CYA ( I forget what the acronym is) they can't hold your for the negative equity of the car. I just did the same thing and the dealer ought to be cutting me a 4000$ check on monday.

·
Registered
200 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=67019.msg1306050#msg1306050 date=1175500702]
if you financed through the dealer then you got scammed. this is a pretty old tactic used by dealers too.
[/quote]

I was thinking about trying to get approved for the 1.9% apr but then I kept hearing all these dealer finance horror stories so I decided to just go with the bank. It will end up costing me a little more overall but it's worth it just to save the hassle. Plus, I can go to the bank and actually see who i'm handing my check to which is nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts