Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I would own a Mazda not that I thought anything was wrong with them. Had it delivered in from out of town. Came into show room and had the door opened for me to drive out of the show room. i could have stole it, never asked for a drivers license or anything. Drove it home for the little wife to see and now its my new girlfriend. Shhh !! I have yet to see one in Copper/Mica yet. Just wanted something different. I am a audiophile junky so what is a guy to do with the stereo ???? I hope to keep the stock radio but add new tweets and midbass. I will read the audio section of this site for details.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Copper red = one beautiful color! Hatch or sedan?

I can't speak to audio but am sure someone will chime in. There is also a ton of info in the electronics section.

You should update your profile with the car's info and your location. This makes it easier to answer some questions you may have as well as to meet up with members in your area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a Hatchback version, I live in the Chicago area. Salesman couldn't understand why I wanted a stick. Maybe its because I know how to drive in Chicago weather. Tomorrow will be the first day in snow. Yeah !! so far I have read that the stock tires are pretty crappy in snow.
I have a post up asking about the stock speakers and what size will fit the front doors. I have the basic system. no Bose.. I have always been a kick panel guy so imaging was center stage and on the dash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will definitely put up pics. I am camera friendly..I think from what I have read the first to do is TINT TINT TINT !!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
You haven't gotten tint yet? What's taking so long!?!?! :p

If you're camera friendly, you came to the right place. We have some amazing photographers on this forum (but I'm not one of them!).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES I have gotten the new Tint on ... SWEET !!! Limo tint.. Also had the underside sound proofed by Ziebart. I still think they do a great job. If I go back in for just another $150.00 they will rust proof the inside doors and all.
Found an old school stereo installer that will help me install my addiction. A couple of Zapco studio amps an Alpine EQ in the glove box ? I think I can get a mini fridge in there. New Image Dynamics NX30 tweeters in the sail panels. A pair of Eton midbass and a dump load of Dynamat. I have found after many hours of searching that my Sub of choice to fit in that prebuilt 8" box that fits into the jack area will be a Polk Audio MM series 8". Nice Xmas and easy power handling. 4" mounting depth not a problem if the box isn't deep enough. Hey where there is a will there is a way. The Polk requires very little space to make the best sound. Schwing !!! My mistress is a little dirty right now and with 8" of snow on the way it will be a while before its clean.
I PROMISE TO TAKE PICS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts