Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And trying to score a steal deal.
I'm shopping for Red Sport model and was wondering if anyone in Northern California has found a better price on a new one or know a dealer that can negotiate even lower.

So far the lowest OTD prices I've gotten were:
$20.7k on new 2008
$22k on new 2009

Also if you guys are selling your used one for under $15k, please shoot me a PM I'll definitely consider it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you're really want to buy a speed3 and you found they have the 08.5 brand new- why not save that extra grand or two?

There is no difference, absolutely, none between the 08.5 and 09.....

I guess it comes down to the fact that some people prefer to state that they have the latest year model of the car which really makes to sense to me if they are exactly the same....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know if all 2008 models are the same, or ones built before certain time still carry the 2007's problems?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Every car has issues.....lol, but seriously, 08/09 are the same the issues from 07 like the engine mount has been resolved..

IMO if you find a 08.5 brand new it's really pointless spending the extra couple G's as you're only spending that extra money for the model year....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy Crap, just checked my insurance rates, there must've been a lot of crashes in two years of Speed3's existence.

$235 Minimum Liability, just like my 04 econobox, Lancer ES.
But $706 on top for two-way insurance is ridiculous, my Lancer in comparison is only $300 more.

245 HP under my ass sounds extremely tempting and they are well worth the extra $65 a month in insurance premium. I just can't figure out why does full coverage cost three and a half times more than just liability. If I understand correctly, people crash them against stationary objects 3 times as often as they run into someone?

P.S. Decided to shop for a used one and save myself a third of the new's cost. Just need to find that perfect car with a perfect price tag. It doesn't seem logical to save a couple of thousands on a 2008 model when 2010 is just 5 months away. I'm sure with our current economy it wont be an issue to pre-order one at or around the invoice price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alrighty, finally I am a happy new owner of 08.5 Speed3 Sport from Bay Area!!! :)

Slowly breaking in my baby, should have 500 or so miles on it this week and will do my first oil change along with Spin-on conversion.

Can't wait to get it detailed / tinted and logos removed for a sharp sleeper look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately it has not been detailed yet and since it's been sitting on the lot for a few months it's not in the most pristine condition.

I'm really slammed at work right now, hopefully I can get it detailed on thursday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts