Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just bought a 2009 Mazda3 hatchback for my daily driver so it was time to join a new forum. I have been on Mx6.com for over 6 years now and I am trying to find a better place to get info about the Mazda3.

So far I love this car! It's copper red and it's a 5 speed. I am going to try to leave it mostly stock but I am looking into some light suspension and drivetrain mods. I already have a Mazdaspeed sport shift kit waiting to be installed next week sometime.

The mx6 was out the other day too but it is back in hibernation now. I guess I can whore some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
hello :wavey: nice looking hatch.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's funny that my first thread has flushed out two people who live within 20 minutes of me.

Are there any local clubs I should be looking into? I am already a member on tristatetuners.com and mazdas247.com.

Do you guys have any mods done? I am looking into a rear motor mount, I have a sts waiting till next week to be installed and I want to upgrade to HID's soon. After that I want to drop the car on eibach springs with upgraded front and rear sway bars (haven't decided which ones I want yet), pick up a set of RX8 wheels, and possibly pick up a genuine mazda air dam (they are expensive but I really like how they look).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Idk too much about clubs around here. as for mods, i have some HID's and they look awesome. i also i have a rear sway bar that im gonna install when the weather warms up (Racing Beat rear sway). other than that, i just have little mods like painted emblems, removed side molding, MS3 rear skirt... im looking to get my car tinted within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
side moldings are easy to remove, you just need some dental floss or fishing line. no holes or anything behind them. heres a pic of the skirt:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the picture and info. I will probably try to remove the side moldings before I take the car back to the dealership to have the paint treated. That way they will shine it up nicely for me if there is any residue left behind.

Is the MS skirt just the lower section under the license plate?

·
Registered
778 Posts
yep. its that skirt under the plate. kinda pricey for little piece like that though. i got it at the JK Mazda for like ~$50.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. Nice looking Mx6 btw, though you may want to check out Pittman's ALR to clear up the headlights a bit.

My stock two suggestions to everyone are to: 1) look at the "why you should buy a third key" thread stickied at the top of this forum, and 2) think about replacing/augmenting the anemic clown horn.

Again welcome.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=icspots link=topic=137389.msg2962360#msg2962360 date=1235626492]
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. Nice looking Mx6 btw, though you may want to check out Pittman's ALR to clear up the headlights a bit.

My stock two suggestions to everyone are to: 1) look at the "why you should buy a third key" thread stickied at the top of this forum, and 2) think about replacing/augmenting the anemic clown horn.

Again welcome.
[/quote]

The mx6 headlights are as clear as 14 year old headlights can get with meguiar's plastx. They are waiting to be replaced by a set of European model Mx6 projector headlights with glass lenses that will never get pitted/cloudy. I am just procrastinating instead of installing them. I can see them from where I am sitting right now too. :mrgreen:

As far as the mazda3 suggestions I will have to look into a third key. Also, the horn is becoming increasingly annoying. Is there a different year that came with a little more manly horn?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=Chefsp0t link=topic=137389.msg2962456#msg2962456 date=1235631234]
The mx6 headlights are as clear as 14 year old headlights can get with meguiar's plastx. They are waiting to be replaced by a set of European model Mx6 projector headlights with glass lenses that will never get pitted/cloudy. I am just procrastinating instead of installing them. I can see them from where I am sitting right now too. :mrgreen:

As far as the mazda3 suggestions I will have to look into a third key. Also, the horn is becoming increasingly annoying. Is there a different year that came with a little more manly horn?
[/quote]

Well if the lights are pitted, nothing to do about it but sand or replace. If it's oxidized then the ALR will fix 'em right up.

All Mz3's in the US come with only a high tone Fiamm trumpet horn. There are several common replacements used on the forums. I installed dual tone Fiamm Freeway Blasters (~$30) which makes it sound like it should have in the first place. The other commonly used ones are Hella Supertones, wolo horns, stebel nautilus (compact dual tone air horn), and more recently spyder rkm (from dabears2k).

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I'm not aware of any local clubs around here, I havent been around too long either. As for the mods I have tinted the windows and took off the side moldings and the "2.3" (very easy to do, just used fishing line to start it off and then just pulled it off gently, then used "goo gone" to remove the remaining glue that was left behind and then washed it, also did this before the paint treatment). I also took off the "3" and put some stickers in the windows. I have bought but not yet installed LED eyelids, Spyder Horns (Hella Supertones), JDM window visors, moonroof wind reflector, yellow fog lights(on their way might install this weekend)... when is the warm weather coming!!! haha

I am looking to also get a Fujita CAI, Eibach Pro-Kits, and maybe HKS catback :)

quick question, the headlights(low) on the 09, are they projector or hids?
Where did you get your from? I got mine from the JF Kennedy dealer in Pottstown...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=Ar6entino link=topic=137389.msg2962684#msg2962684 date=1235658455]
quick question, the headlights(low) on the 09, are they projector or hids?
Where did you get your from? I got mine from the JF Kennedy dealer in Pottstown...
[/quote]

They are halogen projectors because I have an s and not a grand touring. I got mine from Kennedy too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome! I have the same as you but in Silver, CR was my second choice which I sometimes wish I'd gone with instead.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
[quote author=Chefsp0t link=topic=137389.msg2962687#msg2962687 date=1235658718]
They are halogen projectors because I have an s and not a grand touring. I got mine from Kennedy too.
[/quote]
Does the Grand Touring come with hids or halogen projectors?
thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
[quote author=Ar6entino link=topic=137389.msg2962732#msg2962732 date=1235660530]
[quote author=Chefsp0t link=topic=137389.msg2962687#msg2962687 date=1235658718]
[/quote]
Does the Grand Touring come with hids or halogen projectors?
thanks
[/quote]HIDs

1 - 20 of 38 Posts