Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search and it was very helpful my question however is since my rims are white wouldnt it seem like a paint shop could spray them using tougher paint (forgot what kind they use). Im not going to buy new rims and I wont live with curbed rims I also read up on the wheel repair and thats contengient on the response to my initial question.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i can't tell what your question is, casanova.
i'm sure there's all kinds of options, but nothing is curb-proof.
try fatter tires...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry question was shouldnt a regular paint shop be able repair the small scratches on white rims.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
oh yeah, and they can fill them with epoxy or something stronger than body filler (bondo).

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=72281.msg1274076#msg1274076 date=1174196636]
oh yeah, and they can fill them with epoxy or something stronger than body filler (bondo).
[/quote]

yeah, you dont fix a rim with epoxy or body filler.

casanova, check your local wheel and tire shops. they can point you to a rim repair shop who can help you out. minor scratches and bends shouldn't be more than $75-100.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious but john said epoxy might work (Unless he was being sarcastic) but the415 says it wont work any more feedback?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i suppose that's one way to go. i'd rather get some filler weld to repair them.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=72281.msg1275423#msg1275423 date=1174273071]
i suppose that's one way to go. i'd rather get some filler weld to repair them.
[/quote]

i'd prolly try jb weld first, since it's something i always have on hand.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Get them repaired by a rim repair shop for sure. Lots of smaller cities have a pickup from a place in larger cities most of the time so it might take a week to get them back. They'll weld in new material if necessary, un-bend, make sure they balance properly, etc. It also would be a good idea to get them powder coated at this point if you want a tougher painted surface. can't really beat powder-coating for durability and longevity!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yeah but when you curb your wheel you're always going to be screwed. hahaha.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah I disagree for now on I wont leave it to my parking ability Im gonna park a good foot away from the curb. The curb is my enemy now :x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts