Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mainly because I joined looking for some tips on oil changes and basic maintenance. Now after browsing the forums for months...I am now looking into modding the exterior of my car. I have a 2008 Mazda 3i sedan. Basic (with hubcaps and all)..and now I am purchasing rims/tires/shark fin..etc etc. I am a novice when it comes to cars, believe me. I never saw my self modding and browsing people's rides..wishing mine looked like that.

Thanks for ruining my wallet!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I definitely can relate!
I would still be all stock, rollin' on my 15" wheel covers had I not found M3F... :redcard:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=136328.msg2937494#msg2937494 date=1234664679]
Get some spinners.
[/quote]

Lol, they spinnin!

I'm the same way. When I joined a little over a year ago it was because I was pissed off about a bad brake install that a shop did and wanted to see if anybody else in the Mazda world had the same issue with their brakes. Much to my surprise, there was a whole world I didn't know about, lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought a 3 precisely because this forum exists (and has all kinds of good info, of course). The TB ground mod is totally worth every penny of the $5 it cost me. Can't stand an unresponsive throttle. Maybe when I've paid it off I'll get to some of the more involved (And expensive) mods. Probably some 16" alloy wheels or something.

That reminds me, I really should at some point get around to putting in those motor mounts...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=moverbaugh link=topic=136328.msg2937569#msg2937569 date=1234667925]
I bought a 3 precisely because this forum exists
[/quote]

This is actually pretty much the case with me too. I was lurking around on M3F even before I decided to buy a new car, and knowing that there was this great community out there really sealed the deal when I bought my 3 (other than the fact the 3 was far superior to any of the other cars I test drove). And not all mods have to be expensive; I have maybe $400 total in mods in my car, including the HID kit that I haven't installed yet.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Bought my 3 in 04. Didnt do a damn thing with it until Summer 07. Look at my join date, its not a coincidence.

I priced it out in one thread.. I think I'm upwards of $3500 spent. Now I have an 09 and I dont see myself not spending any more money. At least these forums arent riddled with ricers. People here generally have decent taste and give out decent ideas. That means the ideas you get here (and spend your money on) wont get you ridiculed when you pull your car out of your garage.. lol.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm in the same boat with a lot of others. I read through this forum pretty extensively just before I decided to buy my 3. Compared to other forums I frequent, I must say this is definitely one of the more helpful and informative.

·
Registered
348 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=136328.msg2937494#msg2937494 date=1234664679]
Get some spinners.
[/quote]
Get floaters for that true baller status.....lol... I joined this forum before i even had the 3...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts