Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so what's the bulb size? Can't locate it in the manual, and I never noticed the light wasn't on till I went to grab my cell charger this morning and almost fell into the box (no nav) looking for the charger and I noticed a frosted white panel I'm guessing is the light bay. So...the book doesn't give a spec and I didn't pop off the cover yet, so...specs?

And why isn't there a light in the middle console? What the heck, it's as deep as the glove box..

Also, anyone else getting those chromed light side marked thingies? Where? US body please, Prices?

Hasta

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's just lovely, can't just remove the cover like any other normal car, it's got to be difficult. I enjoy a challenge as much as the next computer geek, but hell's bells, I'd like to change a bulb in under 30 minutes.

Hasta

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the other interrior bulb numbers if you have them off the top of your head?

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SilverMK3 said:
Now I could be wrong, but the part numbers for the sylvania lights aren't going to do me much good as far as interrior lights go. And to boot, my tag line says I have HID lights...again....

Just wanted interrior light numbers, but i'll stick with the pulling out method....draw your own conclustion.

hasta

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awwww, I've looked all over the net, and you have them. Gracias. :D

· Registered
52 Posts
so if i take out the CF strip, wont the sticky ooses its stickiness or how are they intact there? once i removed the strip, there will be a screw & just removed that & u can change the bulb?

· Registered
15,923 Posts
[quote author=29Y link=topic=5282.msg401883#msg401883 date=1126385401]
so if i take out the CF strip, wont the sticky ooses its stickiness or how are they intact there? once i removed the strip, there will be a screw & just removed that & u can change the bulb?
[/quote]

The CF strip is attached with five clips.... well four clips and one hook.... no stickiness :D

open the glove box and start pulling the CF strip straight out near the right of the LCD and the clips will give way. The far right of the strip is attached with a hook so DON'T pull it straight out. Once you have the 3 clips between the far right and the LCD released kinda bend the CF strip a little to pull the right side towards to left side of the car and it will come loose. It's just a little hook. There's one more tension clip to the left of the LCD. Comes off in just a minute or so.

Once the CF strip is off you should see three screws on the top of the glove box. Take those off and you should be able to tug it loose.

· Registered
292 Posts
ok, so what i understand so far is that the glovebox light comes on with the headlights and always stays on - as long as the headlights are on..  so the bulbs will be burning out all the time...  thats right up there with the cig lighter being wired into the ignition, so cel phones can only charge when the car is on... hmmmmm :dur:

· Registered
52 Posts
soo, when i open the glove, i can just pull it or there's screws,etc that i have to take off before i pull the strip? some ppl paint theres, any idea what paint i use? any prep?

[quote author=icspots link=topic=5282.msg401924#msg401924 date=1126387110]
[quote author=29Y link=topic=5282.msg401883#msg401883 date=1126385401]
[/quote]

The CF strip is attached with five clips.... well four clips and one hook.... no stickiness :D

open the glove box and start pulling the CF strip straight out near the right of the LCD and the clips will give way. The far right of the strip is attached with a hook so DON'T pull it straight out. Once you have the 3 clips between the far right and the LCD released kinda bend the CF strip a little to pull the right side towards to left side of the car and it will come loose. It's just a little hook. There's one more tension clip to the left of the LCD. Comes off in just a minute or so.

Once the CF strip is off you should see three screws on the top of the glove box. Take those off and you should be able to tug it loose.
[/quote]

· Registered
15,923 Posts
[quote author=29Y link=topic=5282.msg402669#msg402669 date=1126464950]
soo, when i open the glove, i can just pull it or there's screws,etc that i have to take off before i pull the strip? some ppl paint theres, any idea what paint i use? any prep?
[/quote]

Yeah, you just need to open the glove box so you can pull on the bottom of the CF strip. The screws are underneath the strip, and there's just the clips (and one hook) holding it on. I played with pulling out the glove box for a few minutes yesterday and I'm not sure if you need to pull the kickpanel off from below or not to get the glove box loose. Anybody that's actually removed the box wanna chime in?

Not sure about paint prep either. I don't really know how well paint will adhere to the shiney smooth surface. Not really a paint expert. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.