Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First time writing a post on this forum, but just wanted to say.. I GOT ONE TOO!!!

I just put a deposit on a Mazda 3 Max Auto sedan, which is due to arrive in Australia on the 26th of Feb, and its the winning blue (i think) colour. Not the dark blue, but the light blue. Currently very excited, and i know you guys are eager to know the price, but...... hehe confidential.

Mazda Rockdale was the dealership i went through, and they were a great help, and i put my initial enquiry through www.discountnewcars.com.au

Also just wanted to say that this site has been a big help with my decision making process. So thanks a million to those who are running this place.

Cheers
Chy.

- HAP HAP HAPPY!!! :) :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

umm for ppls interested what sort of comission does this site take?
Or is it like a Mortgage broker when the dealership pays the comission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats mate!
Hope you enjoy it.

Sounds like it might be a good spot to buy a new car, but i dont like loans so not right now.
BEEF:
"Our service is free to you as it is paid for by subscribing dealers. "

·
Registered
650 Posts
I went through Discount New Cars and it took the dealer over a week to give me a call. By this time I'd already made my decision to get the Maxx Sports Hatch and put down the deposit.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't mention prices if it's confidential, but can you folks who used a service like discountnewcars tell me if the first price they offered any lower than if you walked into a dealership and negotiated?

I supposed it is the same thing afterall, just a different medium.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Because of the good reviews and people lining up to buy the MZ3 they are probably able to charge closer to list price than discounting up front. Simple case of supply and demand.

Discount New Cars are currently offering $1500 off the MZ6 Classic Hatch and that is about 4.5% off list price without having to haggle.

As a private buyer I think that if you get 2%-5% off the MZ3 it's not too bad. I got the Maxx Sports for the Maxx price and about $1500 more than I expected on my trade in.

·
Registered
519 Posts
congrats chy =)

it seems we've ended up at the same mazda dealership... although you must be so patient to wait until late feb to obtain the car! hope that mine wont take that long *crosses fingers*

same deal with the price *grumble* not supposed to say...

but have put deposit on sp23 sedan, titanium grey, at. =) *bounce*

hrm.. wish i found this forum before i got the car... but its good to read now, and hope to be of help once i get to drive the car around a bit ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Olorin,

Yup, im very patient :) i can wait... tho i hope not too much longer.

Ahhhh i almost went for the titanium grey... that's a nice colour too. It would be good to organise a short cruise just to show off these little beauties once we pick them up.

Cheers
chy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah, a cruise sounds good. There is a Sydney Mazda Club that does some cruises but most of them own Mazda6's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Out of curiosity, were you able to negotiate a better price with the dealer after getting the price from discountnewcars, or was it basically the final price/deal?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm guessing that if you were refered by discountnewcars to a dealer, then dealer probably would not be able to move a hell of a lot more on price. But I guess anything is negotiable until you sign the dotted line.....

Anyone here who went through discountnewcars are you able to comment here? not asking for prices but were the dealers able to neogotiate a much more significant discount? or were they just chucking in freebies like floormats and bonnet protectors?

Just out of interest why are the prices confidential? I understand people not wanting to say how much they paid for personal reasons but do you have to sign some sort of legal disclosure statement?

I have no idea what their margins would be on a car like this....I've heard that dealers don't make that much money out of the cars rather they make the most trying to sell you the accessories and servicing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
as for confidential prices, no real dealer reason. i suppose we all admit to that recent survey in the news that listed car salespeople as the least trustworthy people around (possibly a grand generalisation :shock: )... which belies the question of why we should honour any implicit request on their part not to divulge deal details.

maybe its the fear that we did not manage to get the best deal, and our defences, so patiently constructed through hours of painstaking reseach were worn down in the dealership. :wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
oh yes... was looking over that mazda6 club site... not many people seem to be there. perhaps they should extend it to cover 3's as well? :)

although, granted, there don't seem to be many here yet either.

they seem to be arranging a cruise/software upgrade on feb 21... but its in sydney.

·
Registered
21 Posts
re: confidential prices: in my case, I did sign something saying I wouldn't reveal it. It's to do with my car coming via salary packaging rather than being a direct purchase, so someone else did all the car buying for me.

(And they got a far better price than any of the quotes I've got from the dealers direct).

And it's still about 35 days until my car turns up...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I really don't care if people think I got a bad deal....I'm just happy to be getting the car. :)

I got the Maxx Sport manual hatch for the Maxx price of $25,490 + on road costs (CTP green slip, Rego, number plates, dealer delivery) which took it up to $28,455. I got a $8,000 trade in on a 1992 Pajero shorty with over 200kms and I was only expecting $6500 - $7000.

A colleague at work got the Maxx Sport auto for $30,000 drive away.

·
Registered
519 Posts
astaroth - the wonders of salary packaging :) if only we all could benefit from this wonderful pre tax scheme. is it 35 days till the car arrives on our shores or 35 days till you are driving it around canberra, where its 15 minutes to everything??

and congrats steve-o, that sounds like a good deal. considering the time we are buying these cars, i didn't expect much of a backdown in price. when shall we see your car cruising around sydney? 8)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks olorin, Is your pick up confirmed for today? Your getting the SP23 right?

The dealer called me yesterday and told me it would be ready to pick up on Thursday 12 Feb. :) So I'll be cruising the streets of Sydney this weekend.

Also confirmed that the 04 Maxx / Maxx Sport has the steering wheel audio controls like the SP23.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think you've done well Steve-o. To get discounts at the stage when it's just been released is awesome! Normally, you'd have to wait 6 months or so before the dealers will think about a discount (dealer told me it was 13 months before they discounted the Mazda6).

Winning blue hatch should look stunning!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts