Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But of course, there is the catch...they will only pay off the trade on my 3: 10500. Edmunds says the trade in value of this vehicle is 13800.

Carfax is selling the same car with the same mileage for 15000.

The car has aftermarket rims and sirius, plus there is still another 10K on the warranty--which is transferable of course!

Of course, none of that seemed to matter--once I realized the ONLY reason they were giving me invoice pricing was because they planned on making all the profit on the trade...I walked.

Too bad for me I guess.

Oh, it is a sunlight silver sport model.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
like they always say, if its too good to be true....
even though some ms3's dont sell immediately, I dont see demand falling off enough to warrant discounts yet.
and just wait till spring when more people want a new car, winter is the slow months and its not that slow.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Greykiller, the last couple of cars I traded in I took a beating on. Two of them were BMW's, which I thought would hold there value. It seems like as soon as you drive any new car off the lot, It depreciates almost 4-5k. You can try selling it yourself, but good luck with that. If you like the speed, and can afford to do it, the car will probably not disappoint you. Although, my $450 a month car payment is getting old real quick! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally sold my 05 STi for 3000 more than what any dealer was telling me. It was kinda stressful having to talk to the guy, his bank, and mmy finance company but, i'm glad I did it. I had a NICE fat downpayment to lay on the MS3 when I went to buy it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I hope you don't regret it Vermilion. I had an 04 STI bought new in 04. That is one car I regret getting rid of. The speed is a great car, but can't compare to the STI. Sorry to get off post.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
at invoice is not a good deal....they are playing you, the cars are not as hard to find as they make you believe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=66322.msg1137869#msg1137869 date=1168219109]
at invoice is not a good deal....they are playing you, the cars are not as hard to find as they make you believe.
[/quote]

That's both true and not true. At a given dealer, they can be almost impossible to get. There are people that have been waiting for their speed for months now. The key is finding a dealer that has them in stock and setting up a remote purchase. Most dealers won't hesitate to sell a car over the phone as long as you're willing to play ball. But again in that position, you're going to end up paying sticker plus a delivery fee. I would always reccomend selling your car outright. The dealer will never give you a "fair" price for it, because they want to make a killing on your trade in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree C-Bass. But If your impatient, It's a killer. It's hard sometimes waiting months to find a buyer. If you have a "Tuner" car it's even harder sometimes. :?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
haha!
I'm reading all your posts and REALLY starting to panic.

I have a stock 06 3 hatch manual with 16k miles to trade-in... SPECTACULAR condition. I'm also selling it privately but so far nothing
I'm getting the MS3 GT FULLY equipped... nav, sirius, everything. MSRP 27,145 minus all wx floor mats.

Their first offer was 13k for my trade... kbb says 15,675... black book says 14,500 and car max offered 14k
MSRP for the car.

the car arrived at the port saturday and I'll get a call from the dealership soon.... I'll see what I can get.... any suggestions?
greykiller, i'd die to see an offer like yours man...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=DLUX link=topic=66322.msg1137623#msg1137623 date=1168206187]
Greykiller, the last couple of cars I traded in I took a beating on. Two of them were BMW's, which I thought would hold there value. It seems like as soon as you drive any new car off the lot, It depreciates almost 4-5k. You can try selling it yourself, but good luck with that. If you like the speed, and can afford to do it, the car will probably not disappoint you. Although, my $450 a month car payment is getting old real quick! :lol:
[/quote]

I am going to avoid paying more than 350 with a 60 month payment at 6.25% interest--meaning I have to get 13500 for my car and still put in 1500 cash down. I can get the cash but I need to sell my car first. Maybe Carmax or another mazda dealer will work with me on the trade. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
They are selling wholesale to wholesale which is the same if they sold retail to retail. Not a scam just selling r to r shows the bank less negitive equity.

Come buy this Cosmic Blue one w/ Nav I have.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=Fox Fader link=topic=66322.msg1138978#msg1138978 date=1168284056]
They are selling wholesale to wholesale which is the same if they sold retail to retail. Not a scam just selling r to r shows the bank less negitive equity.

[/quote]

PM SENT

·
Registered
229 Posts
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=66322.msg1138979#msg1138979 date=1168284154]
[/quote]

PM SENT
[/quote]

:irock: :irock: :irock:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

[/quote]

I have google maps so I have no need for Nav.
I have a stereo in my 3 right now that makes that Bose sound like the POS it is.
I live in a place where leather will, quite literally, burn your ass on any given summer day.
I understand how much markup is in a GT.

Thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=leofaye link=topic=66322.msg1138236#msg1138236 date=1168231530]
haha!
I'm reading all your posts and REALLY starting to panic.

I have a stock 06 3 hatch manual with 16k miles to trade-in... SPECTACULAR condition. I'm also selling it privately but so far nothing
I'm getting the MS3 GT FULLY equipped... nav, sirius, everything. MSRP 27,145 minus all wx floor mats.

Their first offer was 13k for my trade... kbb says 15,675... black book says 14,500 and car max offered 14k
MSRP for the car.

the car arrived at the port saturday and I'll get a call from the dealership soon.... I'll see what I can get.... any suggestions?
greykiller, i'd die to see an offer like yours man...

[/quote]

That is the point man, look at the offer...they want to sell me a car at invoice, knowing that they will make 3k at least on my trade. This means that the deal makes no sense. I still end up financing the entire cost of the car, and they probably would want me to buy the car using mazda financing--another way to pencil-whip the ignorant.

It is not such a good deal. I am going to Carmax tomorrow, to see how much they will give me for mine.

BUT...

I have to wonder what will happen when I go in there with a check for 3500 and no trade...how much you wanna bet they will NOT sell me the car at invoice, knowing they will not make 3k on my trade???

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote author=DLUX link=topic=66322.msg1137860#msg1137860 date=1168218833]
I hope you don't regret it Vermilion. I had an 04 STI bought new in 04. That is one car I regret getting rid of. The speed is a great car, but can't compare to the STI. Sorry to get off post.
[/quote]

I only regret it when its wet outside and I want to go fast. :D

The ride was horrible as it should be as its pretty much a race car with a/c. It was fun and i'll own another one some day but, it was time for a more comfortable ride, 150+ less cash a month on payments, still wanted some good power, plus its got more room it seems.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There is no way they are offering you the car at invoice. Dealerships always play with the numbers when you have a trade-in. Subtract a bit here... add a bit here... if they give you $3,000 less than they should for your trade-in... they tell you they are giving you the car for invoice because it sounds like a deal. They are just playing with words and numbers.

The fact of the matter is that the car is basically selling out at MSRP... nobody is going to sell it for invoice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=Speed3me link=topic=66322.msg1142670#msg1142670 date=1168451226]
There is no way they are offering you the car at invoice. Dealerships always play with the numbers when you have a trade-in. Subtract a bit here... add a bit here... if they give you $3,000 less than they should for your trade-in... they tell you they are giving you the car for invoice because it sounds like a deal. They are just playing with words and numbers.

The fact of the matter is that the car is basically selling out at MSRP... nobody is going to sell it for invoice.
[/quote]

I'll let you know this Saturday. Wish me luck anyway... :happysad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your best bet is to not say you have a trade-in, negotiate the deal, then say okay how much will you give me for this car?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=msp35 link=topic=66322.msg1144177#msg1144177 date=1168531401]
Your best bet is to not say you have a trade-in, negotiate the deal, then say okay how much will you give me for this car?
[/quote]

Believe... they know it already. It was my mistake back in August to let them know.
I think I gotta be a bitch and state what I WANT TO for the trade-in and I WANT TO PAY for the car....

I'll let you all know what kind of deal I work out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts