Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda 3i.
I went to a local Car audio place and asked if they could replace my stock radio with an aftermarket one because I needed MP3 capabilities and an AUX input for my PocketPC (which I use as TomTom GPS and Live TV using Slingbox). I also asked if I would be able to keep my sterring wheel controls, the guy in the shop opened up his book, cross-referenced my car, and said no problem...
a few hours and $250 later... i had it all installed and it was working. However, there's one annoying thing about the Steering wheel controls. My Aftermarket HU has a 'Source' button which I press all the time to cycle between Tuner/CD/AUX. I was hoping that the 'MODE' button on my steering wheel would control this function. Unfortunately there is a 'Mode' button on my HU and it mapped to that button. The only functon 'Mode' has is to change from FM to AM. I haven't used my radio for months! I feel I'm not getting everything out of my steering wheel as I hoped.
I asked the car audio shop if there was a way to remap the 'Mode' button on my steering wheel to the 'Source' button on my HU. They said they MIGHT be able, and it would consist of taking the entire radio out again, and working on rewiring something. First of all, is it this difficult... they wanted to charge me $79 for them to ATTEMPT to do it, and couldnt promise it would even be possible.
What do you guys think?

I'm sorry, I do not know the model number of the Steering wheel controlling mechanism they installed. they didn't give me any paperwork describing it.
If anyone needs more info from me about anything, just let me know!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: I got an Aftermarket HU installed with Steering Wheel controls installed but

what brand is your stereo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I got an Aftermarket HU installed with Steering Wheel controls installed but

[quote author=robtrevino link=topic=70794.msg1242197#msg1242197 date=1172785862]
what brand is your stereo?
[/quote]
I do not know the name or the model number of the module they installed so I can use the steering wheel controls on my Aftermarket HU. The HU I have is a Aiwa CDC-X504MP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts