Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i put in a subwoofer and amp in with stock radio? it has the bose with 6 cd changer?
if the stock radio goes out on me can i put in an alpine head unit?

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
^ good start....

[quote author=madmax07 link=topic=162738.msg3454308#msg3454308 date=1260590064]
can i put in a subwoofer and amp in with stock radio? it has the bose with 6 cd changer?
[/quote]

yes. the easiest solution (imo) is something you can just plug into the the existing harness (no wire taps or cutting). http://www.autosoundcentral.com/product_p/aoemmaz2.htm
this leaves everything working but gives you preamp/rca outs for the amp/sub.

however, the Bose HU signal is already line level, so if you don't mind cutting into the wires, you can just tap them and convert to rca's.

if the stock radio goes out on me can i put in an alpine head unit?
and use the rest of the bose system? yes, you could in theory, splice the line outs from the alpine into the stock harness, but i don't think i've heard of anyone doing that.
you will lose some or all of the lcd functionality.

·
Registered
459 Posts
will that adapter maintain the use of the steering wheel controls or would I still need another piece for that?

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
that adapter simply splits the audio output from the HU into 2 sets of signals, one that is unchanged and plugs back into the stock harness to the speakers or bose amp (if you are still using some or all of the stock system), and then the extra 4ch set of line level signals for the additional amp(s)...

so it doesn't affect the functions of the oem radio or steering controls in any way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts