Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i found a used 03.5 msp with about 61k miles for under $10,000. i didn't test drive it or anything, which is for sure an important part of buying a car.
anyways... i had a friend with me and he looked at it and said the motor and everything looked to be pretty decent, but he seemed a little concerned about the clutch. the salesman didn't really know anything about what had been done to the car in terms of maintenance, so i'm not sure about that.

anywho... if there is anyone here that could help me out a bit i'd really appreciate it.
thanks guys.

(please let me know if the link is dead!)
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=256450097&dealer_id=621774&car_year=2003&rdm=1235268817036&model=PROTE&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=MAZDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45066&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=22&standard=false

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hay whats up man, i got he link from coondong. The miles are low and seem to be pretty clean looking. No pics of the motor of the motor so cant tell what mods are done, but inside looks stock and the exhaust is stock. If your worried about the clutch get a quote to get one replaced if you cant do it your self, but send me a pm and ill give you my number and i can help you out as much as possible, but it looks clean though and i can help with mods, maintenance and places to get parts. Hopefully you get the car, first mod i suggest getting is a splitsecond AFC. It will open the car up very very much.

About the price...... Its hard to say. These are cars are worth alot cause they are rare. My car was worth 16k from KBB and it cost me 8200 with a 2k trade in and it had 46k on it, but it was in sketchy shape when i bought it. If the clutch is bad def. try your hardest to talk him down but its nice that it is stock so you know its not completely abused.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=fatti03msp link=topic=136986.msg2953381#msg2953381 date=1235292535]
Hay whats up man, i got he link from coondong. The miles are low and seem to be pretty clean looking. No pics of the motor of the motor so cant tell what mods are done, but inside looks stock and the exhaust is stock. If your worried about the clutch get a quote to get one replaced if you cant do it your self, but send me a pm and ill give you my number and i can help you out as much as possible, but it looks clean though and i can help with mods, maintenance and places to get parts. Hopefully you get the car, first mod i suggest getting is a splitsecond AFC. It will open the car up very very much.

About the price...... Its hard to say. These are cars are worth alot cause they are rare. My car was worth 16k from KBB and it cost me 8200 with a 2k trade in and it had 46k on it, but it was in sketchy shape when i bought it. If the clutch is bad def. try your hardest to talk him down but its nice that it is stock so you know its not completely abused.
[/quote]

thanks a ton man!
we took a look under the hood and the motor was stock. there was a strut bar and he had some sways underneath. but that's all we saw in terms of modifications. my friend was saying the turbo looked to be in good shape and that the heat shield wasn't discolored, which would show signs of abuse.. or so he said. (i'm still learning).
anyways, i'm going to give the guy a call on monday and see if he can't email me some more pictures of the car and i'll post em up here for you guys to look at.
again, thanks a ton!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update: i found another msp with less than 20k miles in much better shape for 13,500 (obo)
test driving it thursday :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts