Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just ignore anything from me. I like to complain.

For Christmas, someone gave me a sign that says "Thou shalt not whine."

Trust me...

·
Registered
233 Posts
First yesr car always have more issues, if you don't feel comfortable; go buy other cars or wait a bit...

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I don't think that Mz3 problems so far are as pronounced as some other cars' first year problems. Air Bag lights, rattles and such are pretty common first year problems for all cars. Major problems on the board such as the seized engine are not due to the manufacture of the Mz3 as well.

To help put things in perspective. When the Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape and the Ford Focus came out in 1999 and 2001, all models experienced 6 recalls within the first 6 months at least, I believe that the Focus set the record with 9 recalls. Mz3 owners could have it a lot worse.

[slightly edited for clarity]

·
Registered
254 Posts
i was going to give this long explanation about problems and blah blah but i've decided to just say this:

this car is gorgeous, for the price, you won't find a car that comes close to it's styling and option packages, it looks ALOT better than in any of the pics, and feels great too, a pleasure to drive. But, you should be confident in yr decision, so i suggest you do yr homework, read up on all cars in yr price range, test drive them all, see what kind of a deal you can get and go with what's good for you.

on second thought, i would like it if my car was somewhat 'rare' so do me a favor and don't buy it :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
what zaimon said was basically what i was going to originally say, i was looking into a acura tsx (honda built) before stumbling upon the 3 and you should hear all the problems they're having on that forum, hell, i've even heard a lot of bad things about the new audi's, jettas, and civics

·
Registered
526 Posts
king chile said:
i was going to give this long explanation about problems and blah blah but i've decided to just say this:

this car is gorgeous, for the price, you won't find a car that comes close to it's styling and option packages, it looks ALOT better than in any of the pics, and feels great too, a pleasure to drive. But, you should be confident in yr decision, so i suggest you do yr homework, read up on all cars in yr price range, test drive them all, see what kind of a deal you can get and go with what's good for you.

on second thought, i would like it if my car was somewhat 'rare' so do me a favor and don't buy it :D
AMEN! :twisted: Buy a Civic if you don't like it or and appliance from Toyota!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
we dont need to prove you wrong, we shouldnt be the ones that influence your choice in a car :)....

·
Registered
64 Posts
here, here..if you don't like it, don't buy it. We promise not to cry. hehe

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you're discouraged by posters on a message board, I don't think you'd be confident in buying any car. Yea, I was discouraged from buying a Corolla because of a Corolla message board, but it was more because I went and saw the 3 was a much better value.

·
Registered
232 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
we dont need to prove you wrong, we shouldnt be the ones that influence your choice in a car :)....
Whoaa...that's deep, man....deep....hehe

But i agree. Only you can choose your own car that's right for you. The 3 is a great car, but like any other car, it's not suited for everyone. Everyone has their own taste. SO if you do decide on not getting the 3, i, nor anyone on this board, won't hold it against you..........that much......hehe, j/k.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Just the # of people on this board should convince you to buy a 3. How long has it been out? A few months. And look how many people are interested in the car. But, online message boards are always full of people bitching about the car. It's a fact of life. You should see the 6 board-it's all whiners, but 90% of the people on the board love their cars.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
a) msg boards are always negative - there's no reason to post positives usually, since there's no question

b) be a little more specific - hard to prove you wrong if we have no idea what to prove you wrong about

·
Registered
272 Posts
At one point a couple weeks ago, no one doubted the 3 more than I. But give yourself some time. I did. And now my interest in the 3 is stronger than ever, even with reports of problems. Of course, I'm not ordering my car until March, so hopefully they'll have those little niggles worked out soon. And hopefully my car will actually be made AFTER I order it. :D :wink:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
MazdaHaveIt said:
funkyfreshmonke said:
Whoaa...that's deep, man....deep....hehe

But i agree. Only you can choose your own car that's right for you. The 3 is a great car, but like any other car, it's not suited for everyone. Everyone has their own taste. SO if you do decide on not getting the 3, i, nor anyone on this board, won't hold it against you..........that much......hehe, j/k.
yea we'll just beat u to a bloody pulp :twisted: hehehhee

·
Registered
46 Posts
this car is awesome,smooth running, high quality,fun, all in all a winner !
6 weeks old 1000 miles ..fist oil change at dealer n/c..ovefilled by one quart ! drained it off at home..next oil change i pay and will check stick prior to leaving..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If you can';t handle first year blips, just wait 1 yr. Simple as that. THread done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts