Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today driving home towards sunlight, i noticed that my eyes get accustomed to the brightness, so when looking down at my tach and speedo, i can't make out anything except the black background. i tried adjusting the contrast of the guage lighting, but that didn't help. anyone else experience this? suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Towards sunlight? I find that I only loose visibility when the sunlight is directly behind the car shining onto the gauges. Other than adjusting the brightness level, there's really no way around this.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
put the visor down so u dont see the sun...or dont drive towards the sun hahaha..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your temporary loss of vision was cause by the angle of the sun and the salt on the road. I had the same problem 2 days in a row driving the mz3 one day and a P5 the next. :shock:

I found that no matter where you look you could'nt see the gauges. Pull the visor down, still blinded by sun. Tried looking at road in front of me, still blinded. Lots of salt on road from heavy snowfall made road appear stark white. The sun reflected off this white surface is why you could not see your gauages. Eyes can't adjust fast enough from light reflected of road to darker interior of car. Do what I do, carry some sunglasses in your car at all times. The car certainly has enough storage space for a pair of sunglasses with the hugh glovebox and center storage bins.

I believe there is even a built in sunglass holder on top of the sunvisor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts