Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
However I would like to get my 2 cents in, about why I think this is such a great car, and see if other agree with me.

First of all I would like to say that this is easily the most exciting economy car I have seen in quite some time, if it can be called that at all, because it is nothing like economy cars just a few years ago.

As many of you may already know the Mazda 3 is built on the same platform as the upcoming Ford Focus (will not be available in North America) and Volvo S40. To me this fact alone is very encouraging. Contrary to popular belief the North American and European Focus differ in many ways. I had the privilege of driving a rental Focus in Europe for about a month two years ago, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best handling/riding small cars I have ever driven. Once I came back I was set on getting a Focus, however I was largely disappointed once I looked closely at and drove our NA version. Unfortunately the brakes and suspension did not even come close to matching those of their European counter parts. And, don’t even get me started on the over all fit/finish and build quality. It seems to me that not just Ford but many other NA manufacturers could not build a good car if their life depended on it. I’m sorry if I am offending any one, but that is just my personal opinion, NA has a long, and I mean long way to go when it come to the quality of the cars they build. But, what is the point I am trying to get at you ask. Well my point is that even though it is not out yet, the next generation Focus will have amazing handling and road manners, and apparently Mazda engineers have even improved on it be stiffening and beefing up the suspension in a few points. This means that the Mazda 3 will be one of the best, if not the best handling cars in its class. Another reason why I am so excited and happy is that the Mazda 3 is made entirely in Japan! So, better handling then the European Focus, build in Japan, but how can we forget about Volvos involvement which rumour has it designed many of the safety features in this platform. Yet another great aspect. No wander the Mazda 3 already won many awards in Europe and Canadian Car of the year.

In conclusion this is simply an amazing car, and I cant wait to finally get mine!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts