Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
I guess I missed the part where he shared that he had done "dyno-testing", and those results?

Seriously, that would have been useful and relevant data. Would have added some weight to the verbiage.

I don't think anyone would truly expect that a Hypertech Tuner would come anywhere close to any of the real tuners out there. Might be nice to have a mild option for those not wanting to spend dyno time and money. Not everyone is "hard-core".

I've been playing with cars and autocrossing since the early 70's. You?:chuckles:
My father's been working on cars about that long, and he knows plenty. He does not, however, know dick about tuning a Mazda 3. That's what I meant when I said "longer". Some guys on this forum have been tuning this platform for years, and have very specific knowledge.

If the Hypertech tune actually added power, no one here would be so ardently trying to steer people away from it. It's been dynoed, and the results were not favorable. If it added less than DT's custom tune for less money, I'd be the first to say that. From what I've seen and what's been instrumentally tested, that doesn't seam to be the case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hypertech - what it actually does

Guys, the Hypertech does the following:
removes the turbo cut off at 5500 RPM
Adjusts Idle speed
Removes the 60 MPH restriction in 1st and 2nd
Increases rpm red line to what ever you want

It is not a tuner per say but just let you remove the factory restriction.
I have one and it does what it says and nothing more. It is exactly what I wanted. I need full engine rpm and turbo boost for Autocross and it works as stated.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Except you're adding to a thread full of no one that has a turbo lol

It doesn't do the same thing to the speed3 that it does to the NAs.

I still wouldn't recommend them on a speed3 though; if it [is known to] lean out the NAs

21 - 23 of 23 Posts