Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
[quote author=tkm link=topic=173328.msg3727549#msg3727549 date=1279114859]
[quote author=Boosted1 link=topic=173328.msg3725803#msg3725803 date=1278992950]
[quote author=tkm link=topic=173328.msg3725699#msg3725699 date=1278987400]
Well, found out what the problem was. The car had a dealer-installed GPS system in it that I declined paying for, but it seems they left the device in the car anyhow.

The GPS system was hooked in-line with the OBD-II port. As soon as I took it out, the hypertech started working. Dumbest thing I have ever seen, and I can't believe the dealer would just leave it in there after I told them to take it out since I wasn't going to pay for the service.
[/quote]Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Now, install the tune and let us know us know what you think of it.
[/quote]

1) I like the extra performance in gears 1 and 2 now. Having the restriction lifted makes the car feel a lot better, and it isn't that hard to control.

2) I also like the extended power range. The car doesn't hit a wall over 5800rpms as it once did. It still needs to be shifted, but at least there is something there in case you need to hold the gear for a bit longer.

However, I had an odd situation occur and it is making me rethink the flash.

I did a 3/4 throttle pull though a 1-2-3 shift. While in 3rd gear at 3/4 throttle and the A/C on, the car did a serious sputter around 4500rpms (felt like the car hit the rev limiter (but I know it didn't). So bad that I had to let off the accelerator. I thought perhaps it was the traction control coming on (as it was a damp road), but I don't think so. If it happens again, the flash is coming out and I'm sending the unit back to hypertech.

Anyone else experience this? The only mod I have is a K&N intake kit, but this is an intake included with the flash parameters.
[/quote]What parameters did you program in?

·
Registered
62 Posts
These cars do funny things in the first 50-100 miles with a new tune on it. The car could still be adapting to the new parameters. Give it some time before you take it off and give up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So, when I hook this thing up for the first time this weekend should I drive it hard right away for the first 100 miles to make it "learn" fast or does it matter how you drive it while it is learning the new tune settings?

·
Registered
226 Posts
[quote author=buckeyepost link=topic=173328.msg4034063#msg4034063 date=1306458945]
So, when I hook this thing up for the first time this weekend should I drive it hard right away for the first 100 miles to make it "learn" fast or does it matter how you drive it while it is learning the new tune settings?
[/quote]No prep needed. Just drive and enjoy!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hate to revive a 5 year old thread but this is the only tuner that seems to be available for non speed gen 1s. Does anyone else have any hypertech reviews for NA gen 1s?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts