Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made a call to cp-e today.... www.cp-e.com ..... just to ask for some info on their turbo upgrade project for the mazda MZR motors.
what was meant to be a quick call turned into a 25 min. conversation with one of their engineers, Josh.
he was anxious to tell me about all the sweet things that they have on the way. cp-e makes top notch performance parts for lots of applications including the speed6, but the MS3 is the first actual shop car that they have had. i was told that they are going to make the best of the best parts for the ms3... anything that can be improved upon ..will be ! josh told me that the intakes are ready, and other parts will include... a full 3" turbo back exhaust with highflow cat, a front mount kit is in the works, an exhaust manifold too, dont forget about the upgraded turbo to bolt to it.
but the best part........cp-e will be offering thier own tuning solution !!
i will be a piggy back..or intercepter if you prefer, from what josh says it will be like the xede only BETTER AND CHEAPER !!
target price as of now is $600 !!! he says it has control of throttle, boost, timing, fuel, and does all the cool data logging and other features that the more pricey models do. the tuner is in final stages he said, they have it and it works, just a few more things to make it final.
he said that parts should start showing up on the website in a few weeks..

·
Registered
99 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=67071.msg1151808#msg1151808 date=1168927556]
is it going to be plug and play? I wish I didn't just spend 400 on a root canal.
[/quote]

I've been in touch with them, too, since they've been posting on the 6 forum about the MS3 whenever they update the MS6 owners. Anyhow, they are having the same trouble getting a PnP harness that BEGI has. The harness manufacturer is apparently locked up by an agreement with Mazda, so CP-E is trying to find an alternative supplier, also. The concern is the additional cost of what would be essentially be a custom harness. Originally, they were talking about a PnP for $700 and a wire-in for $500, but it looks $600-$650 for the wire-in and no PnP just yet.

These guys have a lot of credibility on the MS6 forum and the fact that they bought an MS3 says a lot about their committment to the MS3. I look forward to seeing some dyno results, since they just spent an entire day with the 3 on the dyno. But I'm not clear whether it was just with their turboback and CAI, or included tuning their piggyback.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know i can deal with a wire in for $600 compared to $1000 !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.