Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
so they have bleeder screws for what, grease?
Yes.

Just went looking, Corksport only offers a 25mm and 28mm bushing size. I think most of us have 32mm?

I cannot find the Hotchkis HD brackets shown anywhere on their site, just the steel ones I already have. ????

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Where do the mounts break? I added big washers when I booked the mount on

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Where do the mounts break? I added big washers when I booked the mount on

They start to deform then fail completely. Those type of brackets are not strong enough for this application, which is why Corksport has done away with them and gone to a heavier duty bracket.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe not in texas...I never had an issue with my Hotchkis rear bar...but I only ran it for 1 year. But it was a daily driver too...so I dunno...My recommendation...disconnect it when not autocrossing? lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Damn, I guess my washers won't help. I have the 28mm Corksport rear bar, and I just ordered new rear bar brackets. I hope they will help eliminate all the noise I'm getting from my rear bar, otherwise maybe I will disconnect the bar when not autocrossing, lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
RSB Noise

FWIW, I have the 32mm Hotchkis RSB, with the HK factory reinforced brackets. I use the factory MS3 RSB links. I daily drive my car (well, not every day, but often). No issues with the steel HK brackets, but will be upgrading soon just to keep up with Adam and Kevin.:chuckles:

I have *no* RSB noise. None. I do have to retighten the lower nuts a few times a month. I have recently moved the HK bar to the softer of the two positions, with *positive* results .......IMO.

All I think I know.:roll:

Damn, I guess my washers won't help. I have the 28mm Corksport rear bar, and I just ordered new rear bar brackets. I hope they will help eliminate all the noise I'm getting from my rear bar, otherwise maybe I will disconnect the bar when not autocrossing, lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Same here. Been using the Hotchkis 32mm bar for 5 years, nearly 100k miles and tons of racing with no signs of damage to the supplied "steel strap" brackets or bushings. I've taken it completely out a couple times to clean it and regrease the bushings (it gets nasty dirty when the grease seeps out around the bushings). My only issue is that the steel screws on the collars are kinda rusted so I don't try to take them off (no need to anyway). I had some noise til I made some spacers like Kevin did. Then for good measure I used TWO nylon locking nuts on each stud. Same method employed to the AWR links. No more noise ever.

Also Danny had a good idea of wrapping the stud with nylon plumbers tape, sounds (pun intended) like it worked for him.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Adam just for curiosity's sake, did you break your bracket while you were on R-comps?
Yeah, the Corksport bar and brackets both bent while on r-comps. Went to the Hotchkis stuff and it handled the r-comps no problem.

Ahhh shit, "hand of God" grip lol

R-comps 1. Corksport bar 0. Sure it would've broken eventually, but I caught it early.

·
Registered
486 Posts
RSB Info

Adam and I first connected here when we both experienced CS RSB bending as well as bracket deformation. A difference would be that I never used R tires, ever. It failed on my '08 S Hatchback.

Thanks to Adams heads-up, I checked out my RSB and found what his pics showed. I'm now wondering if the deformed brackets led to inappropriate angle pressures on the bar, contributing to its bending and even breaking in some cases.

I noticed that Kevin has a 28mm bar, not the 32mm. Might treat the brackets a little nicer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My sway bar clunking is resolved. The bolts holding in the rear mounts were backing out. A little blue loctite did the trick :)

Does anybody have the mazda part number for the front strut bearings?
I don't want to take apart my front struts, because I'll probably swap them back in the car after autox season (ie winter).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Anyone else notice that the part shown does not fit our cars?:a:
Amazons car compatibility function is not reliable.

The part listed on amazon checks out with a little googling :)
W0133-1889304-FEB

Got my bilsteins today....wish I would've ordered my strut bearings earlier :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Strut bearing arrived today, so I asssembled my front coilovers, new strut bearings, and corksport camber plates (thanks Chris!).

The bilsteins are heavier than I expected, but that's okay as my car will never be light. Getting the top mounts on was a pain in the ass, until I got a 2nd pair of hands and figured out how to center the nut.

All buttoned up and ready to go on the car.

Didn't bother pulling the rears stuff out of the box. I'll probably wait until I install it as the rear stuff looks easy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My 16x7.5 Sport Edition wheels with 225/50-16 Bridgestone RE71Rs arrived. I haven't had tires pick up so many pebbles since my hoosier days. I didn't snap a pic yet, but I'll probably wait until after the coilovers are on the car.

This weekend I inspected my passenger side motor mount and confirmed it has crapped itself. I ordered a new passenger side and rear mount from AWR.

I'm missing having a third car. The days of taking several days to do stuff are gone :( With work and family stuff, I don't think I have time to install my suspension, adjust ride height, and align it before my first event on Saturday. I love Saturday events, so I'm debating on whether running in HStreet with my dunlops or STF with the Bridgestones. (leaning toward HS right now)

Another club is having an event on Sunday. Part of me wants to run this event too, but I think I should save the day for suspension and mount installs. Hrmmmmmm.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts