Mazda3 Forums banner

howdy's Silver 3s Sedan [Pics]

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  howdy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been checking out this site/forum since I purchased my 3S sedan last week. So, I decided to finally post a pic of my sedan after getting it tinted...

I think the tint really makes this car look extra nice. :D

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice Car

howdy said:
Sean,

They probably look darker than they really are due to the lighting toward the end of the day. According to my installer, they're 35s all around - except for the windshield, of course. :)
But is that tint legal? What percentage is legal?

#7 ·
Re: Nice Car

Poon said:
howdy said:
Sean,

They probably look darker than they really are due to the lighting toward the end of the day. According to my installer, they're 35s all around - except for the windshield, of course. :)
But is that tint legal? What percentage is legal?
Yeah, the tint I have is next to the lightest amount of tinting available and in Texas that the most dark (35%) I can legally put on.

I'll try to photograph it once more when the sun isn't setting and see if that would make a difference. Also, because my interior is black it probably it probably even makes the tint seem darker than it really is.

#8 ·
UPDATE FOR TEXAS LAWS

I just checked the Texas DPS site for more information and it states that the side windows must have at least 25% light transmission. Since I'm at 35% I believe I'm well within the law.

Also, the law in Texas is that there is no restriction for rear back window as long as there's side mirrors. If there's no side mirrors, then it's 25% again. That I didn't know. But again, since I've got 35% it's within the law.

In the past, I know installers would put a sticker saying what the tint was, but in this case there wasn't one put on. I wonder if this'll pose problems for me if I get pulled over?

#12 ·
Best of all...

darkside3 said:
how much did you pay.. i live in san antonio too...

thanks
jimmy
Hey Jimmy, this is the best part of it all, I paid nada, zippo, zilch for the tinting. I was able to work it with the salesman and he "threw" in the tint. All I did was wait at home and the installer came out and put it on. :D

I haven't seen too many 3s on the road here. I've only seen a couple of sedans (both titaniums). But I'll keep an eye out for your Black hatch 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.