Mazda3 Forums banner

How to tell the difference between a GS and GT

57K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  3zilla! 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

What are some visual features that help me identify a GT over a GS?? (Interior or Exterior)
What can i look for to tell the difference?

I think i read that the GS has hub caps... but a few GS's im finding used have the 17" alloy wheels (yet are advertised as GS's)

Just want to make sure the dealer isnt playing games with me.... BTW, if it makes a difference, im looking to get the 'sport' hatchback model

#2 ·
Hatch eh....hum. If it was the sedan I'd say look at the grill, but the hatches both have the nice grill. Hum.

Alright, after a bit of searching I found my brochure from when I bought mine(2006 model year). Wheel size is one difference. GS comes with stock 16" alloys while GT gets 17". Apparently, the GT also comes with a body colour spoiler, but I wouldn't rely on that as a GS could have it optional, but if it doesn't have that, should be a GS. The GT also comes with body colour power, heated mirrors. Tweeters come on GT while GS makes do with a speaker in each door. Cruise controls on the steering wheel are standard on the GT. A moonroof doesn't seem to be offered on the GS but is optional on the GT.

So, your best bet is look for tweeters. If they have them, it should be a GT. Without, it should be a GS. Remember though, thats just from a 2006 brochure and may not be the best way.

Really, I'd say just be simple and get a sedan. If it has the honeycomb grill its a GX or a GS, if it doesn't its a GT. And besides....

:sedansrule:

:p

#3 ·
[quote author=condor888000 link=topic=70538.msg1235373#msg1235373 date=1172551920]
Hatch eh....hum. If it was the sedan I'd say look at the grill, but the hatches both have the nice grill. Hum.

Alright, after a bit of searching I found my brochure from when I bought mine(2006 model year). Wheel size is one difference. GS comes with stock 16" alloys while GT gets 17". Apparently, the GT also comes with a body colour spoiler, but I wouldn't rely on that as a GS could have it optional, but if it doesn't have that, should be a GS. The GT also comes with body colour power, heated mirrors. Tweeters come on GT while GS makes do with a speaker in each door. Cruise controls on the steering wheel are standard on the GT. A moonroof doesn't seem to be offered on the GS but is optional on the GT.

So, your best bet is look for tweeters. If they have them, it should be a GT. Without, it should be a GS. Remember though, thats just from a 2006 brochure and may not be the best way.

Really, I'd say just be simple and get a sedan. If it has the honeycomb grill its a GX or a GS, if it doesn't its a GT. And besides....

:sedansrule:

:p
[/quote]

bingo...I have the GS Sport as well and most diferences are minor such as the spoiler, extra inch on wheels, tweeters, cruise control and mirrors. Still has that nice 2.3L without the extra weight of the GT :D

#5 ·
yup the difference is 1" on the rims, no cruise, Air and alarm is standard on the GT not the GS . . .

Little difference as well like leather shifter, " steering wheel, " door trim, 2 tweeters, LED Tails, body coloured side mirrors are all standard on teh GT. . . i think thats about it.

I almost bought the GS sport, but i went with the sedan GS 2.0 because i felt like it was alittle more bang for your buck and the 2.0 engine is very smooth.

I regretted it for awhile but nowi'm really happy with my sedan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.