Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the best way after experimenting/testing every option to disable this feature

Look under the seat from the front and you will see 2 wires wrapped in a rubber tube coming from the center console side of the seat which runs to the seatbelt latch itself, just cut these wires. Cut them and tape them up seperate from each other, this will make it think that you are always buckled.

For the others that will talk about this
1 I did this as I take my belt off during parking and when I am doing this on the phone BEEEP  BEEEp BEEEp [annoying]
2 I do wear the seatbelt when in motion
3 I did this post b/c people have to many solutions that don'y work
4 This will not effect the car's safety or seatbelt systems, there is no "seatbelt pretensioner", aka it does not retract,when it locks up it's b/c the bearing is at an angle
5 Doing this the seatbelt light will not even turn on b/c it thinks you are buckled

Hope this helps as this topic has been beaten to death

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Do the airbags work completely independant of seat belts? ie) is there any chance this will affect correct operation of the airbags?

Personally... I wouldn't screw with it. :)

· Registered
175 Posts
I don't have any input as to if it affects other systems of the car (ie, airbags..) but I agree that thing is damn annoying, and pointless. If you can't remember to put on your seatbelt when driving maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place, what else are you fogetting to do?? I aslo always wear my seatbelt when in motion, its just plain stupid to not where it. But when i'm sitting in the driveway with the car in park I don't need the damn thing beeping at me, or when i'm driving back to my garage, or when i'm driving between two houses that are less than 100 ft between each other deliverying food.

Is there any other way to do this that doesn't involve cutting wires??

· Registered
4,118 Posts
[quote author=ilikeflyfishing link=topic=45973.msg705418#msg705418 date=1146933174]
my dealer says its a computer thing but will cost me 48 dollars to disable.
[/quote]

ya....i'll do it for you for 48 bucks....ie: cutting those two wires.
prob what the dealer would do :p

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This does not affect the airbag system as doing what I said will make it think that you are buckled at all times. IE: the computer will think you are buckled, and the airbag will still deploy as normal.

· Registered
399 Posts
Check with your dealer, this can be changed through the computer as stated, so if you ever sell your car back or anything, you can have it turned back on. My dealership doesn't charge anything for the service.

· Registered
5,899 Posts
Ummm...not recommended to do this...Misinformation is a biatch.....The airbags are a 2 stage unit. If your seatbelt is buckled it will deploy slower and at a lesser force due to the belts holding you in place. If your belts are not buckled then the bags will deploy faster and at full force as there is no belt to assist in absorbing the forces propeling you foward....
Is it worth your life/injuries to hack your wiring to stop the noise??
My dealer reprogrammed my ECU per the TSB to not beep and didnt charge me...Try a diff dealer or builsd a rapor with your service advisor....

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know the whole point is that you do wear a seatbelt and don't want the annoying bells and whistles reminding you that ford owns a stake in mazda.
My whole point of this is that you do this when you wear your seatbelt, since the cars thinks you are buckled and you are wearing it, it will deploy just how its supposed to .
And your answer is yes my life is worth it to make it stop and if I hadn't done this probibly I would  have taken my own life. I worked for many car dealers and the word RAPPORT isn't in a dealers vocab unless it involves money.

· Registered
35,320 Posts
[quote author=zerosum link=topic=45973.msg704911#msg704911 date=1146885530]
I found the best way after experimenting/testing every option to disable this feature

Look under the seat from the front and you will see 2 wires wrapped in a rubber tube coming from the center console side of the seat which runs to the seatbelt latch itself, just cut these wires. Cut them and tape them up seperate from each other, this will make it think that you are always buckled.

For the others that will talk about this
1 I did this as I take my belt off during parking and when I am doing this on the phone BEEEP BEEEp BEEEp [annoying]
2 I do wear the seatbelt when in motion
3 I did this post b/c people have to many solutions that don'y work
4 This will not effect the car's safety or seatbelt systems, there is no "seatbelt pretensioner", aka it does not retract,when it locks up it's b/c the bearing is at an angle
5 Doing this the seatbelt light will not even turn on b/c it thinks you are buckled

Hope this helps as this topic has been beaten to death
[/quote]

the dealership can disable it for you. permanatly. and without cutting wires.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
But if you do decide to cut them, it won't effect the passenger seat at all, right? I care more about my passengers, because sometimes i might not realize they have theirs on or not, however i always wear mine and feel naked without it.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Kikayss i just got it disabled, and you're right, they didn't charge me. On the way home i slipped off my seatbelt as i turned into my neighborhood, like i always do, and there was no annoying beep! And that is a beautiful thing 8)

· Registered
169 Posts
is there any chance this will affect correct operation of the airbags?

it won't effect the passenger seat at all, right?

The two spellings should be swapped for the other spelling :)
Sorry, grammar just drives me nuts. Haha commence with calling me crazy. :p

· Registered
1,265 Posts
The first one is correct... so go away grammar police.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
[quote author=balsone link=topic=45973.msg711495#msg711495 date=1147213100]
is there any chance this will affect correct operation of the airbags?

it won't effect the passenger seat at all, right?

The two spellings should be swapped for the other spelling :)
Sorry, grammar just drives me nuts. Haha commence with calling me crazy. :p
[/quote]

Sireeusley if yurr thet worreed abot cerrekt grahmer, i hav no ideea how yoo can reed aneeting on foroms withot yer brain explowdeng.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts