Here are the patterns again:
8.5x11 sized paper (2 pages)
8.5x14 sized paper

[quote author=oxide link=topic=99150.msg3974522#msg3974522 date=1301085211]
can you up the files/pdfs again please?
thanks

[quote author=khoi link=topic=99150.msg2019048#msg2019048 date=1201128987]
[quote author=bombsquad link=topic=99150.msg2017382#msg2017382 date=1201099423]
What program do you use to print it out so that it is exactly to scale? I printed one copy, and it was just a bit off.
[/quote]

I used Photoshop to print out the image without any scaling. But if you do not have Photoshop, I have created pdf of the two images. Just use Adobe Reader and print. When you print, make sure that you set "Page Scaling" to "None".

The first pdf is attached to this post. The second pdf will be attached on the next post (due to file size restriction for attachments).
[/quote]
[/quote]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad I found this! I'm gonna make some temporary flaps out of some OEM flaps I had left from my tacoma that I sold. Thanks for the write up :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Khoi for making this template! It works fantastic! I took the same printout for the front and used it for the back. I did lengthen the bottom by about an inch so it can provide a little more guard coverage. This looks and works great!

I attached the front the exact same way as the HOW TO describes. For those us us who didn't want to drill through rivtets but want to leave just a small hole... For the back, instead of drilling out the rivets, I used industrial strength Velcro and a very small mm screw with an anchor on the top part of the mud flap and it has held up VERY WELL! Also, for the part of the mud flap that is most inward toward the center of the car, behind the tire, I used a large paperclip the hold it flush against the inside of the side sill. I have pictures to show most of this. Thank you everybody for the ideas and thank you Khoi for this awesome idea and template! Let me know what you think!

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
[quote author=TheLifePDX link=topic=99150.msg4125156#msg4125156 date=1317755106]
** FYI ** The 3rd picture above...rear car view, the flaps look uneven for some reason, but they are both level with each other and the ground. Just in case anyone was wondering :p Thanks!
[/quote]

Good job, those look awesome :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Update, I did not like the way the front achors fit, and they would spin in the hole when you tried to tighten them. They also never seemed that secure to me, although the flap stayed on okay.
Anyway, I replaced the anchors with u-nuts. I am very pleased with the way these things work, extremely secure and you can realy tighten them well. I also used stainless bolts with them, no rust.
This is my recommendation, I hope this helps someone....?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
[quote author=32seventeen link=topic=99150.msg4127069#msg4127069 date=1317997387]
Update, I did not like the way the front achors fit, and they would spin in the hole when you tried to tighten them. They also never seemed that secure to me, although the flap stayed on okay.
Anyway, I replaced the anchors with u-nuts. I am very pleased with the way these things work, extremely secure and you can realy tighten them well. I also used stainless bolts with them, no rust.
This is my recommendation, I hope this helps someone....?

[/quote]

This is a great idea!
However, the plastic anchors have been working great on my car for almost 4 years now :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
[quote author=oxide link=topic=99150.msg4163838#msg4163838 date=1324440233]
just out of curiosity has anybody traced the rally armour ones?
[/quote]

Nope, I don't know anybody who has rally armour ones for me to borrow to trace them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just a heads up, I did mine a while back with the rubbermaid container and after a year or so, they started cracking, especially after the cold winter. But the good news is while I was looking at Pep Boys, they carry a nice thick set of mud flaps for only $5/ pair, and they fit perfect on my car :)

Sorry I don't have any pics of them on my car, but I've had them on over a year, and no sign of deterioration. No need to spend close to $100 for rallyarmors IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone have a picture of what the velcro for the rear is supposed to look like?
don't wanna go out buying the totally wrong thing -__-

181 - 200 of 206 Posts