Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
does this thread apply to 2007 models also??

·
Registered
107 Posts
YES this works for the Mz3 2007. Now I know the thread says "Sedan Mz3S bumper" but since I don't have a speed 3 I can't say for sure. Maybe one of the speed dudes can comment on that. Don't know if the screws n bolts would be in the same place as the reg 3's since the bumper is molded slightly diff.

But I have the 2007 GS Mz3 and it's real easy. There are only 4 screws on top, 2 plastic and 1 metal screw on the wheel wells, and EXACTLY 11 underneath. Like I said once you know where the screw are, you got the bumper off in under 15 minutes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2008 Touring hatchback.. is the process going to be the same as described in the how-to? Does anyone know of any snags that I might expect to hit when trying to remove the bumper? It's for a Raptor DDE install. Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=shaves1303 link=topic=41782.msg2404496#msg2404496 date=1213899553]
I have a 2008 Touring hatchback.. is the process going to be the same as described in the how-to? Does anyone know of any snags that I might expect to hit when trying to remove the bumper? It's for a Raptor DDE install. Thanks!
[/quote]

Well, the way I see it, and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, since there have been no radical design modifications to the front end of the Mz3's, then the bolts and screws SHOULD be in EXACTLY the same place with NO OTHER extras.

And Shaves, when you got a chance, go out to your ride, and actually look for these bolts, and count em as you see em. Like I said, when you open the hood, there are 4 philips screws on top near the middle of the rad frame (lack of a better phrase), right underneath where the plastic shield meets the bumper at the front, there are EXACTLY 11 - 8 or 9 mm socket bolts to remove. Then you will have to go to each wheel well, first turn your wheels all the way to the right and left respectively, to gain better access in order to remove 2 plastic screws in each well... it is HERE that you will have to pull away the plastic wheel well shield, lie on the ground and look up to see the last philips screw that will allow the bumper to be removed from the car frame.

****But DEFINITELY look at SOKO's writeup for removing the bumper cuz there are a few more cautionaries to beware of AND he went to alot of trouble to put together such an AWESOME "how to" for the bumper removal :banana:

Good luck bro and as mentioned, the instructions may look long,....but it's really only a 15 minute deal (taking your time). If you've done a few times, it's off in under 10 flat ! !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm a bit concerned removing the bumper by myself. Is this a one-man job? As far as lifting it off the car? Will I be able to put it back on myself too? I'm not exactly a tough guy..

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
You can do it alone, but a helper would come in handy.

·
Registered
707 Posts
thanks for the info. gonna use it tomorrow when i install my fujita cai on my 09 mazda 3 sedan. just got it, was waiting for me on my porch when i got back from picking up a guitar. it was like christmas morning to me.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Has anybody done the front bumper removal on an 06 mazda3 hatchback? the instructions provided here are not even close to help me at all removing my bumper, the bolts and screws are all on different places than the one done here

·
Registered
498 Posts
[quote author=machr85 link=topic=41782.msg2891658#msg2891658 date=1233003780]
Has anybody done the front bumper removal on an 06 mazda3 hatchback? the instructions provided here are not even close to help me at all removing my bumper, the bolts and screws are all on different places than the one done here
[/quote]

I'm trying it on my brother's 06 hatch right now. Way different than my '05 sedan. There are two rubber plugs over these plastic things...I have no clue how to get them off!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
argh! the pictures are gone! OP can you please put the pictures back?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anyone have pics other than from Kystm's Garaged (the above link)?

Those pictures really do not show where the screws, clips are etc....

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ya thanks I found this one a while ago but its not the best as its missing some pictures of various steps....was looking too see if anyone else had another one

41 - 60 of 64 Posts