Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=No Clue link=topic=41782.msg865696#msg865696 date=1154713967]
More or less yes. I helped dfmkevin put his halo's in and the bumper came off the same way if I remember correctly.
[/quote]

Few months later.... geez haha

Yeah its the same in HATCH pretty much, self explanitory when you are lookin at it '''

·
Registered
933 Posts
Why are you people wanting to take the bumper off to install an intake... thats too much work... go through the wheel well!!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
hey

i noticed at the bottom of my bumper, there is a connector of some sort. i havent got a pic right now, but will post one later today. From the looks of the connector, or whatever is connected to it. it seems like the airbag crash sensor.

if anyone can confirm that for me. if by removing the bumper, would that sensor accidentally trigger the airbags?? is it easy to diconnect. oh and does the battery need to be disconnected too while taking the bumper off..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=neeldub link=topic=41782.msg911997#msg911997 date=1156468160]
hey

i noticed at the bottom of my bumper, there is a connector of some sort. i havent got a pic right now, but will post one later today. From the looks of the connector, or whatever is connected to it. it seems like the airbag crash sensor.

if anyone can confirm that for me. if by removing the bumper, would that sensor accidentally trigger the airbags?? is it easy to diconnect. oh and does the battery need to be disconnected too while taking the bumper off..

[/quote]

hey,
i'm talking about this connector at the bottom.. if someone can tell me what it is..

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Searched and found your thread earlier today, then stickied it, and then used it! Thanks for the "how to". :goodjob:

·
Registered
60 Posts
i believe that is the horn. if not, its the trigger for the airbags. either one.
i do know thats its one of the two. some idiot crashed to front of my car and those had to be replaced..

[quote author=neeldub link=topic=41782.msg913385#msg913385 date=1156533672]
hey

[/quote]

hey,
i'm talking about this connector at the bottom.. if someone can tell me what it is..

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=XtremeMaC link=topic=41782.msg1125760#msg1125760 date=1167462475]
i believe that is the horn. if not, its the trigger for the airbags. either one.
i do know thats its one of the two. some idiot crashed to front of my car and those had to be replaced..

[quote author=neeldub link=topic=41782.msg913385#msg913385 date=1156533672]
hey

[/quote]

hey,

[/quote]
[/quote]

i found out that , that connector is for the ambient temperature sensor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ow well :) good to know for sure :)
btw i removed the bumper today on my HB :) very proud of it
but mine was a little different. step7 was a bitch. instead of unclipping i had to unscrew the 3 screws that hold that clip. but then i discovered that i could actually unclip it, but i didn't want to brake the clip.so maybe next time i'll unclip it

and how the hell do u remove those plastic splashguard's on step2. that is stuff is plastic and the screwdriver deforms it. it took me ages to take them off. i had tried to remove them b4, i had broken them, so this time i got spare ones from the mazda service.. :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=XtremeMaC link=topic=41782.msg1127475#msg1127475 date=1167602051]
ow well :) good to know for sure :)
btw i removed the bumper today on my HB :) very proud of it
but mine was a little different. step7 was a bitch. instead of unclipping i had to unscrew the 3 screws that hold that clip. but then i discovered that i could actually unclip it, but i didn't want to breake the clip.so maybe next time i'll unclip it

and how the hell do u remove those plastic splashguard's on step2. that is stuff is plastic and the screwdriver deforms it. it took me ages to take them off. i had tried to remove them b4, i had broken them, so this time i got spare ones from the mazda service.. :)
[/quote]

btw.. happy new year... realised that ur in Turkey and its already new year there... lol

i took my bumper off too. but had a hard time putting it back on due to the splash guard at the bottom.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:) thank u :) happy new year to you, u still have 1 hour to go :)

i'm not finished with the bumper so i just bolted the top 2 screws, i'll continue tomorrow. not going out :(.. my gf's out of the city. didn't feel like doing much w/o her..

i'll post my putting back pain later :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do any of you guys know how to disconnect the fog light wire from the bumper without braking that little wire-tie/pin thing that's holding'em against the bumper? (on a 2007 model)

Funky

·
Registered
487 Posts
[quote author=andytam link=topic=41782.msg2151941#msg2151941 date=1205548930]
i found that the step2 screws are a huge bitch to take off. even with the wheel off.
i guess i just have fat hands.
[/quote]

You dont need to take the wheels off... just turn them the opposite direction from the screws and you'll be just fine.. I just did that today

Funky

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=andytam link=topic=41782.msg2151941#msg2151941 date=1205548930]
i found that the step2 screws are a huge bitch to take off. even with the wheel off.
i guess i just have fat hands.
[/quote]

Hey andytam,
Are you installing hids? I just did mine last Wednesday. I have a friend with a heated garage so I get there bout 2200 hrs Wednesday, finished at 0330 hrs Thursday am... :( BUT I GOT THE JOB DONE :bananahump: I put in a set of DDM 35w 5K low beams...DAMN THEY LOOK SWEEET ! ! ! When anyone finally looks through a set of these xenons, you can really see the diff between hid's and halogens....I"m never going back to haolgens man....PIRIOD ! ! !
The coolest part of the hids is when you start your car up at night and spark up the xenons...they light up blue at first...then after about 10 secs they get real bright....and then??.....LET THERE BE LIGHT BABY :cool:

The shots that soc took are PERFECT and right where they should be. I wish I would have found this thread last week before I started on the bumper. I must have wasted about 30 minutes to an hour before I found those screws. After following these instructions now, if I were to do it again, I could do this job in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours tops.

Say man, what part o f Ottawa you from? I'm in the HuntClub Conroy area. Maybe I'll see ya zoom zoomin round this summer huh?
Mike

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
does this work for the ms3 bumpers to?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts