Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did it make??

Did it unbolt 'tie-rod end ball joint'(red circle)?

maybe it's a easy way to pull the strut out?

Is anyone know how to do about picture one?? :p

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Once the bolts in the strut tower (inside the engine compartment) are undone, it should come right out.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Make sure you DONT unbolt the center bolt till after you get the strut/spring out of the car and you get a spring compressor on that spring. If you unbolt the center bolt before the you get a spring compressor on the spring it will shoot out and could do a lot of damage to your property or cause death if it hits someone. The spring is under a whole lot of pressure so be very careful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean the way for removing the spindle from the strut !?^^~(it's hard for me)

How do the picture 1 do? Thank you

·
Registered
860 Posts
Is picture 2 of your car or picture 1? Are you asking how you remove the bottom part of the strut from the lower control arm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both of them are not mine :shock:

yes! how could i remove the bottom part of the strut from the lower control arm?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Use a scissor jack or wood and hammer. Once the 17MM Bolt is out need to get it out. It is a MAJOR PITA. If you use the jack put it between the bottom cup of the spring and wheel assembly. This will pop it out but could also spread the rear clamp to the point where you may need to clamp it back together a bit before trying to thread the bolt back in.

here is my tutorial w/lots of pics

http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=148

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you!Krystm .i saw your 'Wood method 'before,but can't understand
this sentence~ :(

''So the Wood method is use a 2×4 and Hammer the hell out of it until the strut is free.''

it's mean use Hammer to bang Wood ? if yes,what position should bang?(Wood top or?)

If my question is stupid,i apologize :lol:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Put the wood on the lower control arm as soon in the above picture and bang the top of the board so you will be pushing the lower control arm down away from the strut...It does take some time but it will slowly works its way out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh~i understand that"pushing the lower control arm down away from the strut".thanks for your explain; 'prototype99'.^^~and thanks everyone that give me reply :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts