Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: How to Change the Color of your Radio LCD (Pictures)

[quote author=AuxOne link=topic=69809.msg1215657#msg1215657 date=1171846115]
this is something you buy off ebay and fiddle with it :) not yer own hah
[/quote]

Unless of course you have confidence in your skills... ahem .. cough cough ... or you like being unique :p

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

no no i mean like buy one of them LCD screens off ebay not modded and mod it .. so that way if you screw up it doesnt really matter cause your out whatever you spent on ebay for the other LCD hehe and ya still got the one that came with your car :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

[quote author=AuxOne link=topic=69809.msg1216265#msg1216265 date=1171870630]
no no i mean like buy one of them LCD screens off ebay not modded and mod it .. so that way if you screw up it doesnt really matter cause your out whatever you spent on ebay for the other LCD hehe and ya still got the one that came with your car :)
[/quote]

Oh I knew exactly what you meant, and before I Did this to mine, I was all OH NO I BETTER NOT F THIS UP, but I really had no money to go out and buy another one, so I was just confident in my skills to try to do it and make it work.

But yes, getting one before hand would also be a smart idea.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts

absolutely amazing job on this writeup. I just finally bought my 2005 3 S Touring and was thinking about wanting to change the red bar to a blue backlight.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

[quote author=NightRiderMZ3 link=topic=69809.msg1218302#msg1218302 date=1171975338]
absolutely amazing job on this writeup. I just finally bought my 2005 3 S Touring and was thinking about wanting to change the red bar to a blue backlight.
[/quote]

Just keep in mind that this was done on a 2006 i Touring ( so the 2005's LCD might be assembled a little differently.)

But thanks for the kind words :) :klavergreg:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

[quote author=sgon link=topic=69809.msg1258170#msg1258170 date=1173454174]

any day shots

[/quote]

Of course, and in my opinion it looks even better during the day ( my friend agrees )

·
Registered
203 Posts

Been sportin this look for a while, didn't realize how much work was involved... I gave it to a buddy and he changed for me, and gave it back..

Unbelievable write up!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
[quote author=thebiz link=topic=69809.msg1298837#msg1298837 date=1175182495]

Been sportin this look for a while, didn't realize how much work was involved... I gave it to a buddy and he changed for me, and gave it back..

Unbelievable write up!
[/quote]

Neat! I had been wondering what it would look like with out doing the polarizer mod! What type of LED's did he use, they almost look aqua.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up my 3 on the 18th this month and since then, I've been talking to my GF about changing the red lights to blue. Now that I came across this thread, I'm still in shock of how HOT it looks! Just as I imagined it!
Double thumbs up with this mod! When I get some more practice with my soldering skills, I'll attempt this.

once again....

SO FRIGGIN HOT! I LIKE.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Very very nice! I, as a blue fanatic, am jealous :*)

What lights did you end up using for your AC cluster? Did you replace the incandescent lights or did you just put some LEDs in there? I've been looking for some blue ones that matched the rest of the car but haven't found anything good.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
[quote author=Commie link=topic=69809.msg1321712#msg1321712 date=1176137985]
Very very nice! I, as a blue fanatic, am jealous :*)

What lights did you end up using for your AC cluster? Did you replace the incandescent lights or did you just put some LEDs in there? I've been looking for some blue ones that matched the rest of the car but haven't found anything good.
[/quote]

I changed out the 2 Blue bulbs with LED's, Sadly the place I bought them from don't sell them anymore, I also bought 2 blue bulbs that fit the same spots, I just choose the LED's over the bulbs, because the led's are SUPER bright.. and well Yeah I just wanted them instead of the bulbs.

You can see the comparison of the bulbs the led's and the blue bulbs that I have/used.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Oh ok awesome, so the LEDs already came with the little base piece that holds them in? Was it as easy as unplugging the incandescent bulbs and plugging these babies in?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
[quote author=Commie link=topic=69809.msg1322272#msg1322272 date=1176148914]
Oh ok awesome, so the LEDs already came with the little base piece that holds them in? Was it as easy as unplugging the incandescent bulbs and plugging these babies in?
[/quote]

Plus a little dremeling and then sanding, but then yeah.

[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=69809.msg1322351#msg1322351 date=1176150505]
where did the mazdaspeed badge come from?
[/quote]

PM the BIZ and ask him.

21 - 40 of 161 Posts