Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just did this and I have stock low beams. I agree, HID's would look a lot better. I'm looking online for an HID set (most likely going with 5000k 35w set). Any recommendations?
I bought my 35 watt 5,000K HID setup from www.sharphid.com. I had a pretty good experience with them. I got the DDM Slims. There are a few places that are pretty reputable for HID's out there though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote author=chrislitz link=topic=170855.msg4231212#msg4231212 date=1337441743]
I just did this and I have stock low beams. I agree, HID's would look a lot better. I'm looking online for an HID set (most likely going with 5000k 35w set). Any recommendations?
I bought my 35 watt 5,000K HID setup from www.sharphid.com. I had a pretty good experience with them. I got the DDM Slims. There are a few places that are pretty reputable for HID's out there though.
[/quote]

I did the same, except I ended up getting the 6,000K HID's. I may end up picking up 5,000K's so that I get a better match with my LED's and such.

Also, side note. What I have discovered with playing with all the different external bulbs of the 2010 MS3 is that the 7443 is a dual filament bulb whereas it's brother (the 7440) is a single filament. Would this solution work just as well with a 7440 bulb that is colored yellow?

Also also, for those who may experience a problem with their headlights not being visible during the day (can be a "legal" problem when driving through construction zones or rainy days with just enough light), I would recommend LED switchbacks (I believe they are switchbacks) at the 7443 bulb size. These will glow white (approx 5,000k - 6,000k) when the turn signal is off and yellow when the turn signal / four ways are on. I'm trying these out to see how they look. One big fear I have is the turn signal brightness being too dim during the day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you for the thread! I used this thread and it helped me complete the task! thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Just did the parking light delete this morning and was done in 20 minutes. Thanks for the walk through!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts