Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as you all know (or should have known by now), our car came with a negative camber (-0.5 or something like that). Overtime, this negative camber gets worse and worse to the point where there's uneven wear on your tires.

So how often do you have yours realigned? I had mine done 40,000miles ago and it looks like I'm due for another one. I just got new tires and I asked them to let me see my old tires, there's definitely uneven wear/tear on the tires, with the inner side taking a beating.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
the negative camber comes stock with the car...there negative camber when it came from the factory...

a lil negative camber wont hurt ur car as along as u rotate ur tires accordingly

·
Registered
358 Posts
Heh, if my car got more negative camber as it went along I would be excited. On stock suspension most inner tire wear is caused by three things, improperly inflated tires, not rotating your tires or bad toe alignment settings - camber rarely, if ever, is an issue with tire wear on stock suspension. I'd be willing to bet your toe is off. Lowered... camber can be an issue.

If you haven't had an alignment in 40k miles... I think you have found your problem. I get an alignment every spring after pothole season.

·
Registered
871 Posts
after i lowered my car with H&R springs i got an alighment, and my tech said it was still in spec. but he did tweak some stuff to get it to where he wanted (hes a bad ass alighnment guy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts