How often do you clean your car?

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another fun poll for all your people out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How often do I clean my current car or how often do I plan on cleaning a 3 when I get one? Two very different answers.

Current car: about once a month...or less...maybe
New 3: 2-3 times a month.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
once a week...planning on waxing it in the upcoming months...after the first oil change so everything will be nice and fresh

·
Registered
238 Posts
ideally for me is once a week
but that's really only if it stops raining some time during the week

·
Registered
75 Posts
Washed 3 times since I got it 2 and half weeks ago and it needs it again. I hate this damn salt...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I haven't washed my Contour in over a month, but I will try to wash my Mazda3 every weekend or every other weekend. It will be so much more fun washing, and admiring my new car :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
i wash it once a week

canadian winters are pretty bad, a lot of salt gets stuck on the under carriage and the rims.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
once a week-religiously. when i first got it, i was out there every day getting the dirt off. even now, i'll wipe down my rims halfway through the week-i hate brake dust. my car is immaculate usually.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Currently it gets a cleaning everytime it rains. At my current living space, I have no covered parking and I live in Seattle, so until summer rolls around and we can go more than 2 days without a rainshower then I'm not going to spend an excessive amount of time washing the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Zoomin 3 said:
Washed 3 times since I got it 2 and half weeks ago and it needs it again. I hate this damn salt...
Correction make that 4 times in the 3 weeks I've had the car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Being winter and overall pretty nasty i havn't been able to 'wash' my car at all yet, althoguht im really looking forward to it! ...ive had to stick to the gas station car washes which really seem almost pointless compared to a real wash and wax! this weekend is getting me all excited for summer though its warm and sunny and i might even give it a wash today!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
w00t its saturday and i just cleaned it this morning =)....its a saturday morning thing for me...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
funkyfreshmonke said:
w00t its saturday and i just cleaned it this morning =)....its a saturday morning thing for me...
I second that. Finally, a sunny day in the Bay Area, CA after all that rain.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
woohoo =)...today i realy wish i had a digi cam...nice and bright....so shiny....also its a ritual that i take about a 5 mile drive round trip around the city as a morning drive to help dry the car ... :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Once a week at least, or just after it rains and it's going to be clear. I also use quick detailer around the bottom of the car almost daily :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Once every week or two. Today, I spent almost 3 hours using Zaino for the first time--wow, what a shine. I'll post pictures next weekend after I have 5 coats of polish on it, but for right now, take my word for it. Also, vacuum your floor mats a lot so the dirt doesn't get ground in and destroy your nice carpeting. But that's just my little advice to all of you car-cleaning newbies.

·
Registered
219 Posts
In the winter once a week if there are a couple nice days in a row. In the summer at least once a week. If it's real dry in the summer though I use Mequiar's quick detailer alot. It works well. In the summer I emphasize on the interior and keeping the 303 on the dash so it doesn't fade. My old Wrangler was a pain in the butt, this will be much easier since the top isn't down in the hot sun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aw crap i shudda put OTHER instead of once a week. I wash it when its dirty, which means in the winter or spring it can be 3 or 4 times a week depending how sloppy the roads get. In the summer it will prolly be once every week or 10 days depending on how much it rains, which isn't too often. My neighbors make fun of me, say i'm going to wash the paint off :!:
mooZ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts