Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I dunno if I would consider scratch or chip repair to be under "detailing".

Detailing is polishing/wax etc...

Chip and scratch repair uses paint and is more of a body shop repair.

Orange County prices will probably have a higher cost than most places but anyways, I'd have to say:

Paintless dent removal should be around $75-100 per dent.
Paint touch up - $100-150 per car
Scratch repair - $100-200

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
It all depends on the scratches. If they are in the clear coat a good detailer can buff it out using certain specific products. If the scratch is deep then your gonna have to take it to a body shop.

Same thing with paint chips. Some detailers can fix paint chips on newer cars since paint fade isn't major yet, but be sure to do your research as some detailers aren't as good as others. On the same note, some body shops offer a full detailing service, which would be the best option since you can usually get a break on price if you combine services.

A full detail up here is around $250-$300. Paint chips $30-$50 and the price for scratches is completely dependant on the scratch and how deep/long it is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fantastic detail shouldn't be more than $150 US (ok obviously concourse would be more 8) )

Not sure about paint repair

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=tiberian3 link=topic=67037.msg1150973#msg1150973 date=1168896454]
I a few minor scratches and some chip paint. What should my Total Bill be?

[/quote]

$8,000 or $150, depends on where you take it.
Here's a thought, call some local detail shops and get an estimate.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Depends on the shop too

I have a all-pro shop that i like to goto

I had a scratch on my 04 Mz3 that was about 6 inches long from a kid on his bike

Bill was $780 for a repaint/sand down etc... again they are all pro but sometimes you get what you pay for

Airbrusing will take care of a lot of things and is inexpensive with decent results now, but over time it may not be as good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts