Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is the factory spoiler including the installation fee?

Bought my M3 last month, and my car doesn't came with a spoiler, but I am thinking about going back to the dealer and let them to install one for me. Just want to see how much you guys paying them to add a spoiler. I don't want to get rip off. ^_^

thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lip or wing? If it's a lip you want, I would bet it's applied using two-sided tape, meaning you could do it yourself!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BMM3 said:
Lip or wing? If it's a lip you want, I would bet it's applied using two-sided tape, meaning you could do it yourself!
I don't think it's using tape.

It will be great if I can get both prices. :)
I'm still debating which one I should get. Maybe I'll setup a POLL later. eh!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't see the lip spoiler using bolts to hold it down, too thin and narrow. Tape looks like it would do just fine. But, I'm sure you will find out soon, just let us know...... :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMM3 said:
I could be wrong, but I don't see the lip spoiler using bolts to hold it down, too thin and narrow. Tape looks like it would do just fine. But, I'm sure you will find out soon, just let us know...... :)

Not planning to add the spoiler that soon. Probably wait till when I have my free oil change from the dealer. That'll be when my car reaches 5000 milages.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I beleive I read somewhere that the lip spoiler is screwed on. I'm thinking of getting the lip in the future. It's subtle and doesn't ruin the lines.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I want to get the wing myself. The dealer quoted me around $400.00 for the purchase and installation.

However, their is a pre-painted wing on ebay for the MZ3 for $200.00. I'm sure a body shop can install it for less than $50.00. Probably be cheaper that route. Btw, wing on ebay is almost exact the same as the factory version.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Personally, I think the car looks so smooth as it is that I would hate to put a rear wing or a lip spoiler on it, especially given how short the rear overhang is. A rear wing would overwhelm the look. Also, as much as I hate to be a stickler, I believe this thread will go in Exterior Mods pretty well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My dealer tells me they're screwed in. Worse, the screws aren't in the ends, so if you've already got a factory-fitted lip spoiler (like the Aussie SP23-spec) this means filling holes or swapping boot panels :(.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I personally like the upraised spoiler than the lip spoiler. Lip spoiler looks like you added nothing to the car. It's not obvious.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know about that... I think it adds some definition to the rear-end. Having said that, I think the wing spoiler looks best with some colors than others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
prices vary

we bought a new M3 today and dealer installed factory rear wing spoiler for 276 which he said was his cost. in doing comparison shopping in nc got separate quotes of 350 installed and 495 installed from other dealers.hope that helps!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: prices vary

carolina girl said:
we bought a new M3 today and dealer installed factory rear wing spoiler for 276 which he said was his cost. in doing comparison shopping in nc got separate quotes of 350 installed and 495 installed from other dealers.hope that helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
e-bay spoiler

I just installed a raised spoiler that I purchased from e-bay. Can't remember the seller off hand but his write up said something to the effect that, yes there were spoilers on e-bay a bit cheaper than his, but his were all painted with 3 coats of PPG paint and all the rest. It may have been a sales tactic but I bought from him anyways. I was very happy with everything, paint, shipping, cost, installation, the works. Cancelled my factory spoiler on order and saved probably $200 CDN. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a new OEM rear wing spoiler from Trussville Mazda for $288. The install will cost $107 at my local Mazda dealer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Bought Spolier for $88 OEM Style Wing and paint and install for under $100

Oh ya! Screw paying dealership costs of 350+

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought an OEM style wing, painted, at wingtech.com for $185 shipped. I installed it in about 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts