Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.For thoes who have a max or max sport,how much did you pay for the car?I just wanna know so that I can deal with the dealer when I buying my 3.Thx!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought mine for $29,400 including cruise control and floor mats. They generally don't budge too much on the selling price, however the figure that you can negotiate is the change over figure including trade in of your previous car. I dont see it as a poor mans SP either :evil:

·
Registered
177 Posts
We're paying 29 neat, no cruise though. I did get him to throw in mats, headlight and bonnet protectors for nothing. Also got a good trade on a 14yr old car with 220,000+km on it and needing a few 1000's spent to make it roadworthy. Endrust and tinting done aftermarket for around 600 total.

Lancair

2004 Maxx Sport Sedan, Sunlight Silver.

·
Registered
266 Posts
$28,500.00 for Maxx Sport and v good trade in on 2001 Civic.
If you do your homework on the net and find out what margins are being made by the dealer etc you can go into the dealer with confidence and tell him/her without being cocky that you have completed your investigations on the net, know that the dealer has to make a living and how much is usually made on a deal, but you want a good deal too. Always let them know that it is not the only car you are looking at. Don't show over eagerness even though you know the 3 is it! I'm not saying that further down the line you can't make even better deals as the flow of cars to the dealers improves, but at the moment it is difficult as there are so few cars available and most are on order. Shortage = higher price. Lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are probably quite a few 2003 built Maxx/Sports at the dealers, and these being lacking in the wheel mounted audio controls, may be a little more negotiable (assuming you don't mind not having them).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good point Spook. There may be some 2003 built MS still out there ready to be negotiated. Just by way of information my Maxx Sport is Feb 23 build date and does come with the wheel mounted audio.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I paid $28,455 on road and $8000 trade in on a 1992 SWB Pajero with 200,078km.

I think if you want the Maxx Sport start off looking at the Neo or Maxx and let the dealer think they are upselling you the the Sports. It's only another $700 bucks for the additonal Maxx Sports bits (bigger wheels, spoiler, fog lights etc) Where you can probably get your discounts is off accessories as they'll start throwing them as sweeteners if price becomes "an issue"

·
Registered
444 Posts
Steve-o,

What the built date on your Mz3?

You got a pretty good deal, whered u go?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think the build date is 20th or 23rd Jan 04. But it's definately a 04 model with the audio control on the steering wheel which apparently wasn't present on the Dec 03 shipment.

I went to Eurocars Mazda in Artarmon. They're not too bad and went to reasonable lengths to ensure I was happy. I must admit I look back now and wish I had negotiated more options (eg Tinting, floor mats etc) but not to worry.

·
Registered
519 Posts
heh :) don't we all steve-o? almost like computers we can look back at car deals at times and think, i could do so much better now (most of the time for cars anyway - there are always a few really good hagglers around).

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's a classic Steve-O. Commodore; portability in an oscilloscope :wink:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cheapest comp place i know is

http://www.msy.com.au/

Man, we should get some free comp parts for helping them advertise their shop..lol :evil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting back to the original question, does anyone care to share how much they got just the plan Max for? We are were originally looking at the Neo, but by the time we put the power pack and abs in, the Max may not be that much more expensive. Can anyone give me an idea what I'd be looking at?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts