Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to talk to a guy at a local dealer about ordering either a 2015 3S touring or GT with a MT next week and I'm wondering what people have paid.

I'll probably be using truecar and I want to compare prices.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got an iTouring+Tech yesterday so my input is not 100% relevant.

The reason I'm writing this is to caution you about using Truecar as they estimated a significantly higher price than I paid; the Truecar estimated average is $1,900 higher than what I paid, their Exceptional price was still $120 over what I paid.

Kelly Blue Book was a bit better; their Fair Price is $700 over and their lowest $300 over what I paid.

So my advice is, don't use Truecar, at least not exclusively.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I paid $23,600 for my 3s Touring hatchback MT. My OTD price wouldn't help you as different states have different tax rates, motor vehicle fees, etc. BTW, that's over $500 less than Edmunds.com's TMV price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just paid $25,250, for new '16 3s GT automatic hatchback in Atlanta, GA. That's BEFORE taxes & local state fees. TrueCar says I got an "Exceptional" price. I financed with Mazda's 0% for 36 months. I had to go through the usual dealer shell games and explanations why "that's as low as we can go". After about 4 trips to the sales manager, the salesman finally gives me a cost close enough to my initial offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have also found that the pricing from Truecar is not as good as I could negotiate on my own. For my wife's truck and my Mazda3, I was able to save $1.2k and $500 respectively off their price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 3 S Touring with manual transmission on 30 September. I used Truecar as a guide but the price there seems higher than when I bought the car. I payed $23,540 + Virginia title tax.

I went in and told the dealer I was willing to pay $24,500 OTD (with tax). There was no back and forth. It was the end of the month and the sales person needed one more sale to make quota. The car had been sitting in the showroom for 2 months.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Bought mine last week (2016), 3s GT manual hatch. Listed for $26,200, drove it off the lot all in for 26,400. Used an employee S Plan and various Mazda incentives with no haggling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts