Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question about the 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport In Australia and I was thinking about using it for some lite camping.

If I was to load the car up with camping supplies how much could the car hold before going over any limits and overloading it the vehicle?

I can’t really see anything on the car it self outside of a 615kg Load written on the tires. Would this be the number I’m looking for and I just have to subtract the total kg of items + passangers from this number?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hello, I have a question about the 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback Sport In Australia and I was thinking about using it for some lite camping.

If I was to load the car up with camping supplies how much could the car hold before going over any limits and overloading it the vehicle?

I can’t really see anything on the car it self outside of a 615kg Load written on the tires. Would this be the number I’m looking for and I just have to subtract the total kg of items + passangers from this number?
The gross vehicle weight is listed on the door jamb on the same sticker as the VIN

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
For a bit of levity... My wife wanted to do a weekend landscaping project. We went to look for rocks on a Saturday. She did not want to wait until Monday to have them delivered. We ended up putting the back seats down in my 2007 Speed3, and filling the entire hatch to the roof with boulders (more than a ton if I recall correctly). We were riding on the bump stops in the rear all the way home. Thankfully, no axles were broken, and I am still married (not sure if I am thankful about that part).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts