Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've looked tried and true and cannot find how many WATTS of power the stereo system outputs. Does anyone know??

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
25x4.

The Electronics threads have all the info on the factory stereo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vaBooM said:
25x4.

The Electronics threads have all the info on the factory stereo.
Thanks vaboom!

·
Registered
256 Posts
25x4? RMS and not peak I hope. That's a bit weak sounding to me? Is the stock radio crap? Especially the 6 speaker (add tweeters) in the 3s? Just curious what the general consensus is...

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I really want to know who told the public that watts alone had anything to do with the quality of the stereo.

THen I'm going to beat him senseless ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's not just watts, but if you're really only pushing 25 watts max (not even RMS) through four DOOR mounted speakers, I'm guessing you're going to get some pretty pathetic sounding bass. No air behind the speakers and no power = crapola. However, since I haven't heard the system myself, I was asking for opinions from owners.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
25rms or 25max... the power output is almost always matched to the factory speakers. As soon as you replace the factory's, that power is useless.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Audio

From talking to a Mazda salesman who used to do car stereo installs, suggestion was to replace all speakers and add an amp/sub but keep head unit.

Kevin

·
Registered
882 Posts
The base response for a stock car with only 4 speakers and 2 tweets is remarkably good. You're not going to rattle the windows but it can move some considerable air. I had aftermarket polk speakers in my previous car and these ones stock sound better and push more bass than that setup ever did.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I do'nt know, my parents have a 2003 Camry, with just the standard Toyota Premieum system, not the JBL system. The six speaker system with a single CD deck. That thing pushes out bass like no other, the windows shake, even the rearview and sideview mirrors outside. So If Mazda 3 doesn't have a system like this $20K camry then I don't know what to say. However, even though I like systems I mean I'm only 19, and I'm saving up on a Mazda 3s with all the options except leather, I will still take a 22K Mazda3s :) because it comes with GPS and H.I.D. Speakers are replaceable. I would have to buy an HID kit, and GPS system for my parents camry, that would go over the 22K price.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If you base your car purchase on the audio system, you got problems.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's true, as long as u can listen to music. Speakers are replaceable so it doesn't matter much as long as everything else is good in the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts