Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many? I want to get this straight before I walk into a dealership and start bargining like an idiot. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ask me how!

Let me know if $700 over invoice is acceptable.
Why play games with a dealer?
Thanks,
Vlad
(416)665-2171

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading all these posts about ppl getting their cars at inovice or below invoice is so frustrating. Is that possible for me I always ask myself. :? :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got it for 500 below invoice under S-plan, my final cost for 5DR HB with ABS/SAB package & Moonroof, 6dish CD player package with Manual transmission was 17859 - 500 USD loyalty rebate = 17359.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think I got close to invoice in the GTA...

:D

The only reason I don't know for sure is because I ordered a Lip spoiler (installed) on my Sand Mica 5speed Sedan GT/GFX with mats OTR for $26604.28...

If you assume the LIP spoiler costs $400 plus about $100 installation then I got the car for less than $400 above invoice. (Ontario Mazda quoted $599 for the spoiler!... crooks)

I went to Oakville Mazda and dealt with Ian Brown (sales / Assis GM)... great experience so far.

Here are the reasons I think I got a decent deal...

1) No Trade In ... keeps the negotiations simple
2) External Financing ...again to keep the negotiations simple
3) S-Plan, If I can get the car for $750 - 800 above invoice anywhere, why should I buy from you????
4) I said I didn't mind waiting anywhere between 1 week to 2.5 months for the car... this is key in this market I think! Tell him/her the dealer will basically pocket 100% of the holdback (about $450 I believe)
5) I knew exactly what I wanted and said I would be shopping around until someone gave me the car for somewhere between invoice and S-plan
6) I dealt with a manager... also said I'd service the car there
7) I took up very little time... I said something to the effect of... "you may not have a lot of commission on this deal, but your return will be high considering I'm a low maintenance sale" in other words, I made it clear that for a half hour of work on his part he could have a sale as long is it was also worth it for me, and more importantly, with my deal completed quickly he could go "sell" to others who need convincing.

REMEMBER YOU ARE THE CONSUMER... If you are willing to wait for your car don't settle for much more than $500 above invoice

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing this info Nel! I once heard from a Mazda sales rep that holdback does not exist if the car is financed; anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think paying invoice in canada is not a rule of thumb for us plus we have to pay much more in taxes. :oops:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Would you care to tell us where you are, what trim you went for and how much you put as a down payment? These factors matter when it comes to pay for your 3.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Beat

I beat the snot out of my salesman until he gave me the deal I wanted.
I don't take sh*t from nobody, especially if it's Tony Soprano.
He's wearing cement boots now.

Nah to be honest, I still paid MSRP in the end, but what happened was the salesguy kept bumping up my trade-in so I be able to pay less $ on the monthly finance payments. The graduate discount also helped.

Worked out in the end. Mazda knows they have a weener now, so HOT DOG! They won't bend much on the price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts