The only reason I don't know for sure is because I ordered a Lip spoiler (installed) on my Sand Mica 5speed Sedan GT/GFX with mats OTR for $26604.28...
If you assume the LIP spoiler costs $400 plus about $100 installation then I got the car for less than $400 above invoice. (Ontario Mazda quoted $599 for the spoiler!... crooks)
I went to Oakville Mazda and dealt with Ian Brown (sales / Assis GM)... great experience so far.
Here are the reasons I think I got a decent deal...
1) No Trade In ... keeps the negotiations simple
2) External Financing ...again to keep the negotiations simple
3) S-Plan, If I can get the car for $750 - 800 above invoice anywhere, why should I buy from you????
4) I said I didn't mind waiting anywhere between 1 week to 2.5 months for the car... this is key in this market I think! Tell him/her the dealer will basically pocket 100% of the holdback (about $450 I believe)
5) I knew exactly what I wanted and said I would be shopping around until someone gave me the car for somewhere between invoice and S-plan
6) I dealt with a manager... also said I'd service the car there
7) I took up very little time... I said something to the effect of... "you may not have a lot of commission on this deal, but your return will be high considering I'm a low maintenance sale" in other words, I made it clear that for a half hour of work on his part he could have a sale as long is it was also worth it for me, and more importantly, with my deal completed quickly he could go "sell" to others who need convincing.
REMEMBER YOU ARE THE CONSUMER... If you are willing to wait for your car don't settle for much more than $500 above invoice
I beat the snot out of my salesman until he gave me the deal I wanted.
I don't take sh*t from nobody, especially if it's Tony Soprano.
He's wearing cement boots now.
Nah to be honest, I still paid MSRP in the end, but what happened was the salesguy kept bumping up my trade-in so I be able to pay less $ on the monthly finance payments. The graduate discount also helped.
Worked out in the end. Mazda knows they have a weener now, so HOT DOG! They won't bend much on the price.
A forum community dedicated to Mazda 3 and all Mazda vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about MazdaSpeed performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!