Mazda3 Forums banner

Would you buy a Mazda again?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars been good to me, and I really like it. I just don't know if I would buy a Mazda again given how they like to skirt claims and hide behind fine print. I'm curious what others think.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
I consider Mazda to be the best bang for the buck, in its category.
It doesn't have the reliability of a Honda/Subaru, nor the quality feel of the Germans , so in the under 30k mark,you can not go wrong with a Mazda.

I don't care for how bad the dealer is they are pretty much all crooks, and the fine prints well, it's your responsibility to know what you are getting into.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
sure

i haven't had any dealer related issues and so far the 3 has done exceptionally well.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I really like the 2010 3s, and I LOVE Miatas.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Depends. I don't currently own one, well, I do but it's not drivable ('89 RX7). I could see myself buying one for a daily driver again in a few years if a few things happen. The 3's aren't so damn ugly, or the 6 gets a stick with the v6.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't traded in my 2005 3 sedan on the 2007 speed 3. I'd still have that as a daily driver, and not the current '05 Focus zx3.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Brain fart....

·
Registered
375 Posts
If the current Mazda's are built like my Millenia was, then no way in hell will I buy another one. I had a 99 Millenia S and while it was a very nice looking car, I felt that it was built like crap. The sheet metal felt very thin, the car had less that 80,000 miles on it and the rear wheel well lips were rusting away, the chrome was peeling off the rims, the engine was terrible, and the paint seemed really soft. I took care of this car just like I do my Fusion and that means that it was rarely ever dirty. I kept it sparkling all the time.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I won't take away from the reliability of the car. All in all I would say the 3 is an excellent vehicle. I guess my biggest problem is at least where I am finding parts are difficult, and when you do they're extremely over priced.

Plus there isn't a lot for dealerships. IE: Only 2 in all of SK. Compared to Honda where there are at least 4 that I know of (probably more). There's 3 GM dealerships in each major city and usually even in the small butt fuck towns.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
I just read somewhere that the millenia was a good bet for a cheap/luxurious/reliable used car. All I know about them is they were too expensive when they were out. My father in law loves his 6. I'd buy a 6..

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=179774.msg3802550#msg3802550 date=1285015502]
[quote author=3driverPA link=topic=179774.msg3802535#msg3802535 date=1285014930]
Brain fart....
[/quote]

Story of your life :lol:
[/quote]

Yep... :(

·
Registered
40,015 Posts
Yeah I'd buy again. And I'm actually considering a speed3 for when I graduate, if they're still offered then of course.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
[quote author=platinumsc7 link=topic=179774.msg3802557#msg3802557 date=1285015719]
If the current Mazda's are built like my Millenia was, then no way in hell will I buy another one. I had a 99 Millenia S and while it was a very nice looking car, I felt that it was built like crap. The sheet metal felt very thin, the car had less that 80,000 miles on it and the rear wheel well lips were rusting away, the chrome was peeling off the rims, the engine was terrible, and the paint seemed really soft. I took care of this car just like I do my Fusion and that means that it was rarely ever dirty. I kept it sparkling all the time.
[/quote]

Platinum from mazdaworld?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Platinum from mazdaworld?
[/quote]

Nope, I was 99millenia on there. I haven't been on there for a few years now. I miss the way my Millenia looked, but I had the dreaded supercharger seal leak and the ruined pre cats. I decided to trade up before it became a major problem. What was your screen name on there?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i would like to buy another 3, but the mazda won't make a speed in ATX, so no. the other mazda's don't appeal to me at all so buying one off those is out of the question if i want more HP

1 - 20 of 35 Posts