Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Registered
1,609 Posts
First 2k? Damn... I've been teaching my gf to drive stick on my 3. Luckily she's more likely to stall it than burn my clutch

· Registered
1,609 Posts
Well depending on how quickly or not my gf learns I may be hitting you up haha

· Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
yea that sounds nice, wish i could have new that dam it, could have saved some cash, oh well, but anyways back to the guy with 4k miles on ur clutch, im still shocked!!!!!!!! as much as i wanna call u a NOOB! hahaha but no offense to u at all and i understand if u get mad that i said that but i dont mean it, i was a noob when i got mine but i didnt burn out my clutch like that, what did u do burn outs every min?

· Registered
800 Posts
I've been driving manuals since 1979, never replaced a clutch. Three of my cars went over 140000 before I sold them. I'm hoping the same for my 3. :D

· Registered
9,467 Posts
[quote author=sevin7 link=topic=74525.msg1341782#msg1341782 date=1176768447]
well the thing is, i wouldnt ever stall, i just didnt realize that i sucked at it. I would drive it crazy as hell and that combined with me not using brakes when stopped on a hill is probably what mest it up.
[/quote]

Ummm, yeah holding it on a hill with the clutch is going to burn it up badly. I hope like heck you have learned how to drive it by now. My advice for anyone is if you don't know how to drive manual and you have no logical understanding of how it should work get someone to teach you. I had a damn good logical understanding of how it should work and I managed to teach myself how to drive my 3i really well after about maybe 100 miles. Even within the 100 miles I never abused the clutch and only stalled a few times, after 100 miles I was pretty damn confident and never really had any stalling issues and had decent shifts most of the time (every once in awhile I will manage a sloppy shift even now, but who doesn't every once in a great while?).
-Matt

· Registered
5,094 Posts
[quote author=ji99lyjohn link=topic=74525.msg1335841#msg1335841 date=1176529978]
40 K miles and my clutch is starting to go..its shudders and rattles in the lower rpms...875 to replace clutch huh?..that is not good news.
[/quote]

mine sometimes does the same when taking off in first :? . I'm not sure if it's me or if it's the clutch being picky. Other than that my clutch isn't slipping or anything. I do tend to keep an eye on my clutch though, since my last car the clutch went out at 23k, but it was a tsb issue.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
[quote author=sevin7 link=topic=74525.msg1341782#msg1341782 date=1176768447]
well the thing is, i wouldnt ever stall, i just didnt realize that i sucked at it. I would drive it crazy as hell and that combined with me not using brakes when stopped on a hill is probably what mest it up.
[/quote]

lol ouch, yea thats a good way to burn up the clutch in a hurry

· Registered
12,690 Posts
[quote author=mica3speedy link=topic=74525.msg1343187#msg1343187 date=1176820520]
[quote author=ji99lyjohn link=topic=74525.msg1335841#msg1335841 date=1176529978]
40 K miles and my clutch is starting to go..its shudders and rattles in the lower rpms...875 to replace clutch huh?..that is not good news.
[/quote]

mine sometimes does the same when taking off in first :? . I'm not sure if it's me or if it's the clutch being picky. Other than that my clutch isn't slipping or anything. I do tend to keep an eye on my clutch though, since my last car the clutch went out at 23k, but it was a tsb issue.
[/quote]

So does mine, and I've got about 26,3xx on it. Any ideas?

· Registered
1,609 Posts
Hopefully mine lasts until I'm ready to boost and ditch it! /crossesfingers

· Registered
259 Posts
Dear god, THANK YOU PEOPLE! I have been trying to tell some guys here that im approaching 40k and my clutch is going out, and all i heard was the equivalent to (your a bad driver). lol. Im glad im not the only one, damnit! lol

edit:

driving my car in second when its cold is like riding a bull, the clutch slips sooo much.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=74525.msg1343822#msg1343822 date=1176835206]
No one wants my stock clutch for cheap? Good to have for when urs goes :)
[/quote]

no offense, but who wants a used stock clutch??

· Registered
68 Posts
105,898 miles and still gripping well. I never put my foot on the clutch pedal unless I intend to push down on it. The first manual transmission car I had owned, I burned out the clutch by resting my foot on the clutch pedal. Yeah, expensive lesson learned.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm with psyshack - never had an issue with clutch slip in all the years I've driven stick. Keep your daily launches at under 1000 RPMs or so and rev-match your downshifts. There's not much to it, really. :klavergreg:

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.