Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I installed halos last weekend. I wired the relay from under hood fuse box. I'm using a fuse slot that was empty, but powers on with ingition switch.

The first few times I watched them function, they stayed on for about 30-40 seconds.
Today after driving to work, it took about 2 minutes to shut off.

I'm wondering if the relay may have been stuck.

Now I'm afraid to walk away from my car till they are off.

Any advice?

Thanks
Donald

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Mine shut off as soon as I turn the car off. I don't like using the fuse box or the relay as I like control.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok,
so when I got home today the lights stayed on for about 3 minutes. I paid close attention and noticed that when I shut off the engine, I could hear a slight whine from near the air intake. Sounded like some type of vacuum pump or air blower or something......

anyway, when this pump quit, the lights shut off with it.

Sounds weird, because there was no fuse in the slot that I'm using. I used a multimeter to test the fuse slot, and it was on/off with ignition switch.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for the next few days.

Anybody know anything about this circuit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I think its the Throttle Body or Injectors or something but I have had mine the same way for the last 2 years. No problems at all however. there will be times when you come out and youll see them on. I think it has to do with keep pressure in the lines or something. I am probablly wrong but thats the idea I came up with.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
This happens to mine as well. I wired mine up the same way you did. Most of the time, they shut off within 30 seconds. Other times, I'll walk all the way inside to my apartment, and look out at them and they are still on... for about 3 minutes or so... but they have never stayed on forever. I used to be paranoid about them too, but they ALWAYS shut off. Sometimes, it just takes longer than others... as for the reason, I'm not really sure. And as far as that noise goes, I get that as well... almost sounds like a buzzing/air escaping or something, right? I have no idea what that is.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have never had 3 min always within at most 1 min. But I think it has to do with either a timer for maybe oil cooling or something. But I have come out from time to time and they be on but no hum or hiss. I think may be like a system check maintaining pressure on fuel lines or something I have no idea but they have never had an issue. Will kill your batt faster if you leave your car more then a week. So go on Vacation pull the fuse or the line.

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote author=soilsample link=topic=138553.msg2985906#msg2985906 date=1236714352]
Hey everyone,

I installed halos last weekend. I wired the relay from under hood fuse box. I'm using a fuse slot that was empty, but powers on with ingition switch.

The first few times I watched them function, they stayed on for about 30-40 seconds.
Today after driving to work, it took about 2 minutes to shut off.

I'm wondering if the relay may have been stuck.

Now I'm afraid to walk away from my car till they are off.

Any advice?

Thanks
Donald
[/quote]

Sounds like I have mine wired the same way, however mine turn off at 10 seconds. Only once has it taken longer (for some reason).

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=138553.msg2985945#msg2985945 date=1236715110]
Mine shut off as soon as I turn the car off. I don't like using the fuse box or the relay as I like control.
[/quote]
If you're worried, just go with Daniel's method-- I did and couldn't be happier. I love having complete control via a switch, and the fact that I'm not using the fusebox...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts